GC Vibratory Soil Compactors deliver dependable, economical production with performance that exceeds expectations.
|Operating Weight - With Cab||23136 lb|
|Operating Weight - With ROPS/FOPS Canopy||22796 lb|
|Weight - Drum with ROPS/FOPS Canopy||12853 lb|
|Weight - Drum with Cab||12948 lb|
|Compaction Width||84 in|
|Curb Clearance||19.4 in|
|Ground Clearance||20.4 in|
|Turning Radius - Inside Drum Edge||12.7 ft|
|Travel Speed - Maximum||6.8 mile/h|
|Static Linear Load - With ROPS/FOPS||154.1 lb/in|
|Gross Power||120.7 HP|
|Engine Model||Cat C3.6|
|Net Power - ISO 9249||112.2 HP|
|Net Power - SAE J1349||111.2 HP|
|Overall Length||18.7 ft|
|Overall Width||7.5 ft|
|Drum Width||84 in|
|Height - With ROPS/FOPS or Cab||9.8 ft|
|Drum Diameter||60.4 in|
|Optional Blade Height||688 mm|
|Wheel Base||9.8 ft|
|Nominal Amplitude - High||0.079 in|
|Nominal Amplitude - Low||0.039 in|
|Centrifugal Force - Maximum||56202 lbf|
|Centrifugal Force - Minimum||33497 lbf|
|Vibratory Frequency - Ecomode||28.6-31.5 Hz|
|Vibratory Frequency - Ecomode||1716-1890 vpm|
|Vibratory Frequency - Standard||1800-1980 vpm|
|Vibratory Frequency - Standard||30-33 Hz|
|Service Refill Capacities|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||56.3 lb|
|Tires||23.1 x 26|
Comfortable and Ergonomic Operator Station
- The steering console features an LCD display. The display provides diagnostics and additional data to the operator. Machines that are equipped with Cat Compaction Control output compaction measurements to the display as well.
- A multi-position steering wheel adjusts for comfort. An adjustable vinyl seat with seat belt is comfortable and keeps controls and operating information within easy reach. The 12-volt adapter provides power for personal electronic devices. A floor mat reduces vibrations. Cup holders are provided on the steering column. Large mirrors provide excellent views to the rear of the machine.
- The operator is provided with excellent visibility to the front, drum edges rear tire edges and rear of machine enhancing safety and production. Optional mirrors provide enhanced visibility to the rear.
- The GC Vibratory Soil Compactors feature a Cat engine that offers enhanced efficiency, better serviceability, ample power, and less noise.
Technologies that Enhance Quality and Productivity
- Cat Compaction Control can be augmented by adding an optional Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) mapping antenna and a dedicated display unit, which provides SBAS-level accuracy and allows the operator to visually monitor results, map them to locations and save the data for analysis or documentation purposes. An RTK GNSS mapping capability is also available that provides greater accuracy than SBAS.
- Two different compaction measurement technologies are available: Compaction Meter Value (CMV) or Machine Drive Power (MDP). Both technologies display real time measurements on the LCD display.
- Compaction Meter Value (CMV) is an accelerometer-based measurement system for granular soils. It is for use with smooth drum configurations. Functioning while the drum vibrates, it measures deep into the ground, 1.0 to 1.2 m (3-4 ft), providing the operator with a picture of what is beneath the surface. CMV can reveal many things to a trained operator, such as the location of hidden anomalies (buried objects, rocks, clay balls, etc.) or areas of poor compaction. It can even indicate the need for more moisture to aid compaction.
- Machine Drive Power (MDP) is an exclusive technology only available from Caterpillar. MDP indicates soil stiffness by measuring rolling resistance. It can be used by both smooth drums and smooth drum machines equipped with padfoot shell kits. It is effective on all soil types, and can function when the drum is static or vibrating. MDP measures closer to depth of the lifts of materials being compacted, around 30-60 cm (1-2 ft) deep. MDP is more flexible than CMV because it can be used on all soil types, and because it measures more shallow than CMV, which allows results to be correlated with portable measuring equipment such as lightweight falling deflectometers and nuclear gauges. Because it does not require the drum to vibrate, there is less risk of de-compaction when used for proofrolling.
Easy to Service
- Design provides ground level access to all service and maintenance points.
- Long service intervals contribute to more productivity and lower owning and operating costs. The vibratory system scheduled oil change interval is 3 years/3,000 hours. The hydraulic oil service interval is 3,000 hours. Engine oil service is every 500 hours.
Reliable Vibratory System
- The GC vibratory soil compactors deliver excellent compaction performance due to high amplitude and static linear load.
- The GC utilizes the proven Cat pod-style vibratory system. The system design significantly reduces the risk of contamination common to conventional designs that employ metal weights. Providing unrivaled reliability and performance, the Cat pod-style vibratory system is virtually maintenance free, with the first scheduled maintenance period at 3 years or 3,000 hours.
- An automatic vibration function provides consistency for more uniform compaction. When vibration is engaged, vibration will cease as the compactor slows beneath a predetermined speed. When propel resumes, vibration recommences at a predetermined speed. This feature contributes to uniform, high-quality work.
- Smooth drums are ideal for compacting granular materials and can be equipped with an optional padfoot shell kit for compacting cohesive and semi-cohesive materials.
- The Cat® C3.6 engine meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final and EU Stage V emission standards.
- Cat diesel engines are required to use ULSD (ultra-low sulfur diesel fuel with 15 ppm of sulfur or less) or ULSD blended with the following lower-carbon intensity fuels up to: 20% biodiesel FAME (fatty acid methyl ester)** or 100% renewable diesel, HVO (hydrogenated vegetable oil) and GTL (gas-to-liquid) fuels. Refer to guidelines for successful application. Please consult your Cat dealer or “Caterpillar Machine Fluids Recommendations” (SEBU6250) for details.
- Auto engine idle shutdown helps reduce unnecessary fuel burn and greenhouse gas emissions by allowing the engine to automatically go into idle mode when the machine is not working.
- A well-trained operator is worth the investment. Skilled operators benefit your bottom line by maximizing productivity, avoiding costly downtime, and maintaining jobsite safety – which can help to improve fuel efficiency and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Extended maintenance intervals not only reduce downtime but can decrease the amount of fluid and filters that are replaced over the life of the machine. The hydraulic oil can be replaced every 3000 hours, eccentric housing oil can be replaced every 3000 hours, and engine oil changes can be 500 hours.
- Performance and safety can be augmented with standard and optional cameras that are viewed on in-cab displays.
- Cat Compact technologies help you consistently meet compaction targets faster, more uniformly, and in fewer passes - saving on fuel and reducing rework and material costs.
- Cat Scheduled Oil Sampling (S•O•S℠) Services helps reveal excessive wear, contaminated fluids or other “unseen” issues that can shorten component life. In many cases,
you can extend oil and coolant change intervals by using fluid monitoring. Consult your Cat dealer or the machine's operation and maintenance manual for more information.
- Remote Flash for engines helps to minimize downtime and maintenance time while keeping your asset running with maximum efficiency. Alerts for machine updates are sent virtually from your Cat dealer and updates can be deployed without a dealer technician needing to be onsite.
**Engines with no aftertreatment devices can use higher blends, up to 100% biodiesel.
- Operator Environment
- ROPS/FOPS Canopy with Handrails/Guardrails, Floor Mat
- Vinyl Adjustable Seat, Seat Belt
- Adjustable Tilting Steering Column
- 12-volt Power Outlet
- Vibratory System
- Dual Amplitude, Dual Frequency
- Pod-Style Eccentric Weight Housings
- Auto-vibe Function
- Rear Adjustable Steel Scraper
- Smooth Drum
- Power Train
- Cat C3.6 Diesel Engine, 4 cylinder
- Single Propel Pump
- Fuel Filter, Water Separator, Priming Pump, Water Indicator
- Radiator/Hydraulic Oil Cooler
- Dual Braking System
- Two-speed Hydrostatic Transmission
- 12 volt Electrical System
- 150 ampere Alternator
- 900 Cold-cranking Amps Battery Capacity
- Sight Gauges for Hydraulic Oil Level and Radiator Coolant Level
- High Ambient Temperature Oil Factory Fill
- Vibratory System
- Padfoot Shell Kit (oval or square pads available)
- Dual Adjustable Steel Scrapers
- Dual Adjustable Polyurethane Scrapers
- Operator Environment
- ROPS/FOPS Cab with Climate Control
- Deluxe High-back Air-ride seat (Cab)
- Sun/Debris Shields (Canopy)
- Cab Internal Roll-down Sun Screen (Cab)
- Rear View Camera with Color Touchscreen Display
- Sound Reduction Kit
- Power Train
- Transmission Guard
- Technology Solutions
- Measure - Compaction Meter Value (CMV)
- Map - SBAS GNSS Mapping
- Connect - Cloud and Machine Connectivity
- XT Weight Kit
- Upgraded LED Light Package
- Amber Rotating Beacon
- Flotation Tread or Lug Tread Tires