The Cat® C9.3B Industrial Diesel Power Unit is offered in ratings ranging from 250-340 kW (335-456 hp) @ 1800-2200 rpm and meet U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final, EU Stage V emission, China Nonroad Stage IV, Japan 2014 (Tier 4 Final) and Korea Stage V standards. Conveniently pre-configured for a wide range of applications, the Cat® Industrial Power Unit is a complete power package containing a radiator, flywheel, alternator and alternator wiring completely pre-assembled for fast, straightforward installation in a number of OEM, customer and packager applications. These fuel efficient units are ready made for irrigation, industrial, mining and other pump applications.
|Maximum Power||456 HP|
|Maximum Torque||1540 lb-ft @ 1400 rpm|
|Rated Speed||1800-2200 rpm|
|Minimum Power||335 HP|
|Emissions||EU Stage V, U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final, Korea Stage V, Japan 2014 (Tier 4 Final) and China Nonroad IV|
|Engine Configuration||Inline 6, 4-Stroke-Cycle-Diesel|
|Aspiration||Turbocharged Aftercooled (TA)|
|Rotation from Flywheel End||Counterclockwise|
|Power Unit Dimensions|
Reliable, Quiet and Durable Power
World-class manufacturing capability and processes coupled with proven core engine designs assure reliability, quiet operation, and many hours of productive life.
Simple and efficient turbocharger with balance valve provides optimal air management and improved fuel efficiency.
Fuel consumption optimized to match operating cycles of a wide range of equipment and applications while maintaining low operating costs.
Fuel & Oil
Tier 4 Final, EU Stage V, Japan 2014 (Tier 4 Final), China Nonroad IV and Korea Stage V engines require ultra low sulfur diesel (ULSD) fuel containing a maximum of 15 ppm sulfur, and new oil formulations to support the new technology. Cat® engines are designed to accommodate B20 biofuel. Your Cat dealer can provide more information regarding fuel and oil.
Broad Application Range
Industry leading range of factory configurable ratings and options for agricultural, material handling, construction, mining, aircraft ground support, and other industrial applications.
World-class Product Support Offered Through Global Cat Dealer Network
- Scheduled maintenance, including SOSSM sample
- Customer Support Agreements (CSA)
- Caterpillar Extended Service Coverage (ESC)
- Superior dealer service network
- Extended dealer service network through the Cat Industrial Service Distributor (ISD) program
Tier 4 Final, EU Stage V, Japan 2014 (Tier 4 Final), China Nonroad Stage IV and Korea Stage V Aftertreatment Features
Regeneration. Cat Regeneration System maximizes fuel efficiency during regeneration. Transparent regeneration maximizes uptime. Aftertreatment life is twice as long as engine rebuild
Mounting. Industrial power units have standard horizontal mounting.
Service. Minimum 5000-hour diesel particulate filter ash service interval. PETU filter service is 5000 hours.
- Air Inlet System
- Air-to-Air Aftercooled
- Mid-mount turbocharged system with front and rear exhaust configurations (Tier 4 Final, EU Stage V, Japan 2014 (Tier 4 Final), China Nonroad Stage IV and Korea Stage V)
- Control System
- Electronic control system
- Over-foam wiring harness
- Automatic altitude compensation
- Power compensated for fuel temperature
- Configurable software features
- Engine monitoring system SAE J1939 broadcast and control
- Integrated Electronic Control Unit (ECU)
- Remote fan control
- Cooling System
- Vertical or RH thermostat outlet
- Centrifugal water pump
- Guidance on cooling system design available through your dealer to ensure equipment reliability
- Flywheels And Flywheel Housing
- Dual rear PTO configuration
- Available SAE No. 1 power take off with optional SAE B or SAE C power take off drives. Engine power can also be taken from the front of the engine with optional attachments. (Tier 4 Final, EU Stage V, Japan 2014 (Tier 4 Final) China Nonroad Stage IV and Korea Stage V
- Fuel System
- Electronic high pressure common rail
- Primary fuel filter
- Secondary fuel filters
- Fuel transfer pump
- Electronic fuel priming
- Lube System
- Open crankcase ventilation system
- Oil cooler
- Oil filler
- Lube oil filter
- Oil dipstick
- Gear driven oil pump
- Choice of front, rear or center sumps
- Open crankcase ventilation system with fumes disposal (optional OCV filter system) (Tier 4 Final, EU Stage V, Japan 2014 (Tier 4 Final), China Nonroad IV, Korea Stage V)
- Power Take Off (pto)
- SAE B or SAE C power take off (PTO) drives. Engine power can also be taken from the front of the engine on some applications.
- Vibration damper
- Lifting eyes
- U.s. Epa Tier 4 Final, Eu Stage Iv Aftertreatment/ Clean Emissions Control Equipment
- Clean Emissions Module (CEM), consisting of Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) and Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC)
- Pump Electronic Control Unit (PETU)
- Available in 12V or 24V systems
- Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR)