Cat Soil Compactors are designed with durability built in, ensuring maximum availability through multiple life cycles. With optimized performance and simplified serviceability, our machines allow you to operate more efficiently and safely. Representing a long-standing commitment to quality and performance, this rugged, powerful machine is designed and built for heavy-duty compaction and dozing operations. Focused on helping our customers succeed, we have continued to build upon each new series. The 825K continues our legacy of reliability, performance, safety, operator comfort, serviceability, and efficiency.
|Engine Model||C15 Cat®|
|Net Power||405 HP|
|Emissions||Meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final/EU Stage IV emission standards or meets U.S. EPA Tier 3/EU Stage IIIA equivalent emission standards|
|High Idle Speed||2300 r/min|
|Low Idle Speed||800 r/min|
|Maximum Altitude - Without Derating (Tier 3 Final/Stage IIIA Equivalent)||9098 ft|
|Gross Power||435 HP|
|Maximum Altitude - Without Derating (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV)||9298 ft|
|Maximum Net Torque - 1,300 rpm||1478.8 lb/ft|
|Net Power - Converter Drive - Gross Power||435 HP|
|Net Power - Converter Drive - Torque Rise||8,5%|
|Net Power - Direct Drive - Gross Power||412 HP|
|Net Power - Direct Drive - Torque Rise||33%|
|Rated Power (Net ISO 9249)||405 HP|
|Rated Power (Net SAE J1349)||405 HP|
|Operating Weight||78326 lb|
|Operating Weight - Tier 3 Final/Stage IIIA Equivalent||77340 lb|
|Operating Weight - Tier 4 Final/Stage IV||78326 lb|
|Front||Planetary – Fixed|
|Rear||Planetary – Oscillating|
|Blade Tilt Angle - Left - Hydraulic||5,4°|
|Blade Tilt Angle - Left - Mechanical||4,1°|
|Blade Tilt Angle - Left Full||10,1°|
|Blade Tilt Angle - Right - Hydraulic||6,3°|
|Blade Tilt Angle - Right - Mechanical||5,1°|
|Blade Tilt Angle - Right Full||10,8°|
|Blade Tip Angle - Back||7,5°|
|Blade Tip Angle - Forward||7,3°|
|Blade Tip Angle - Total||14,8°|
|Height - Including Cutting Edge||3.4 ft|
|Maximum Depth of Cut||1.97 ft|
|Maximum Lift Above Ground||3.14 ft|
|Moldboard - Length||14.4 ft|
|Total Tilt Adjustment||2.9 ft|
|Width - Over End Bits||15.18 ft|
|Parking Brake||Drum and Shoe, Spring Applied, Hydraulic Released|
|Cab - Standard|
|Machine Sound Level (ISO 6395)||113 dB(A)|
|Operator Sound Level - ISO 6396||73 dB(A)|
|Cab - Suppression|
|Machine Sound Level (ISO 6395)||110 dB(A)|
|Operator Sound Level - ISO 6396||72 dB(A)|
|Centerline of Rear Axle to Edge of Counterweight||9.3 ft|
|Ground Clearance||1.6 ft|
|Ground Clearance - Bumper||2.7 ft|
|Height - ROPS/Canopy||13.3 ft|
|Height - Top of Beacon||14.4 ft|
|Height - Top of Exhaust Pipe||14.1 ft|
|Height - Top of Hood||10.4 ft|
|Hitch to Centerline of Front Axle||6.1 ft|
|Length - With Blade on Ground||28.1 ft|
|Turning Radius - Inside of Push Arms||8.6 ft|
|Wheel Base||12.1 ft|
|Width - Over Wheels||11.98 ft|
|Service Refill Capacities|
|Cooling System||30.6 gal (US)|
|Engine Crankcase||9 gal (US)|
|Diesel Exhaust Fluid Tank (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV)||8.5 gal (US)|
|Differential - Final Drives - Front||26.4 gal (US)|
|Differential - Final Drives - Rear||29.1 gal (US)|
|Fuel Tank||206.6 gal (US)|
|Hydraulic Tank Only||35.4 gal (US)|
|Transmission||17.4 gal (US)|
|Cylinders, Double Acting - Lift, Bore and Stroke||120 mm × 1070 mm (4.7 in × 42.1 in)|
|Cylinders, Double Acting - Tilt, Bore and Stroke||95.25 mm × 216 mm (3.75 in × 8.5 in)|
|Main Relief Pressure||3495 psi|
|Maximum Supply Pressure||3495 psi|
|Pump Flow at 1,800 rpm||30.9 gal/min|
|Hydraulic System - Steering|
|Maximum System Flow||170 L/min @ 1,800 rpm (44.9 gal/min @ 1,800 rpm)|
|Steering Pressure Limited||3481 psi|
|Steering System - Circuit||Double Acting – End Mounted|
|Steering System - Pump||Piston – Variable Displacement|
|Vehicle Articulation Angle||86 degrees|
|Transmission Type||Planetengetriebe – Lastschaltgetriebe – ECPC (Electronic Clutch Pressure Control, Elektronische Kupplungsdrucksteuerung)|
|Travel Speeds - Forward - First||3.4 mile/h|
|Travel Speeds - Forward - Second||6 mile/h|
|Travel Speeds - Forward - Third||10.7 mile/h|
|Travel Speeds - Reverse - First||3.9 mile/h|
|Travel Speeds - Reverse - Second||6.9 mile/h|
|Travel Speeds - Reverse - Third||12.2 mile/h|
|Drum Diameter||4.3 ft|
|Drum Width||3.7 ft|
|Outside Diameter||5.5 ft|
|Tips per Wheel||65|
|Width - Over Drums||11.98 ft|
- Auto shift mode, when active, allows machine to upshift or downshift based on machine speed and torque, optimizing performance and saving fuel.
- The left pedal acts as a brake, transmission neutralizer and an engine decelerator to override the engine speed selected by the throttle lock. Operators can slow down when the throttle lock is engaged and to return to throttle lock without pressing a resume or set button. Helps maneuvering around trucks, tractors or other obstacles.
- Steering and Transmission Integrated Control System (STIC™) enhances operator comfort by integrating steering and transmission control functions in a single lever. Includes finger-controlled gear selection.
- Load sensing hydraulic steering system ensures smooth steering at all speeds and engine levels.
- Variable displacement piston pumps enhance efficiency.
- Steering articulates 43 degrees each direction allowing operators precise positioning for easy operation in tight areas.
- Electro hydraulic controls help ensure responsive, predictable implement control.
- Electronically controlled hydraulic cylinder stops deliver smooth machine operation, less stress on operator.
LONG TERM VALUE AND DURABILITY
- Designed and made with purpose-built structures to remain safe and durable for the long run.
- Long-life-designs, materials and robotic welding ensure multiple life cycles and ability to withstand the toughest conditions.
- Full box-section rear frame resists torsional shock and twisting forces.
- Heavy-duty steering-cylinder mounts efficiently conduct steering loads into the frame.
PERFORMANCE WITH LESS FUEL
- Single Clutch Speed Shifting (SCSS) delivers consistent, smooth shifting and efficiency.
- Strategic use of metallurgy and heat treating ensures long-life gears.
- Torque converter with lock-up clutch eliminates drive losses, reduces system heat, improves travel speeds, and increases fuel efficiency.
- Cat C15 engine is built and tested to meet your most demanding applications.
- Two engine options are available to meet Tier 4 Final/Stage IV or Tier 3/Stage IIIA equivalent emission standards. (depending upon market).
- Fully integrated electronic engine controls work in concert with the entire machine to make fuel go farther.
- Engine Idle Shutdown reduces fuel waste during idling periods.
- Delayed Engine Shutdown maximizes durability.
- Chevron Tamping Tip Design provides greater ground pressure, more compaction, excellent traction and a smooth ride.
- Compaction is achieved from the bottom of the lift to the top. The tapered tips walk out of the lift without “fluffing” the soil. The top of the lift is compacted and the surface is relatively smooth and sealed so hauling units are able to maintain a high speed when traveling over the fill.
- The 825K travel speed delivers four forces of compaction: pressure, manipulation, impact and vibration.
- This compactor also spreads fill, potentially reducing the number of spreader tractors needed for the project.
- Symmetrical tamping tip pattern delivers equal compaction in forward or reverse. Tips are full perimeter and replaceable.
- Two cleaner bars on each wheel keep drums free of carryover dirt, in forward and reverse, maximizing efficiency. Cleaner bars are available with standard or abrasive tips depending upon the application. Bars are adjustable and bar tips are heat-treated and direct-hardened cutting-edge steel to increase life.
OPERATOR COMFORT AND CONTROL
- Pressurized cab sits on isolation mounts improving comfort and reducing sound.
- Cab features a convenient floor storage tray/lunch box.
- Cat Comfort Series III Seat includes mid-back design, thick, contoured cushions, air suspension, six-way adjustments, and a seat-mounted implement pod and STIC steer that moves with the seat for optimal control.
- Control panel gives operators the information and controls for safer and time-saving settings.
- STIC control simplicity provides maximum responsiveness and control with STIC that combines directional selection, gear selection and steering into a single lever.
PRODUCTIVITY WITH TECHNOLOGY
- Cat Compaction Control system uses Machine Drive Power (MDP) technology to measure rolling resistance and correlates it with soil stiffness. MDP works in both cohesive or granular soils. Optional 3D mapping system maps compaction measurements to the precise location the operator is working, providing a real-time view of progress, and a record of compaction uniformity.
- DETECT technologies help keep people and equipment safe by keeping operator aware of the work area and by monitoring and reporting unsafe conditions, like avoidance zones.
- COMPACT technologies combine advanced compaction measurement, in-cab guidance and reporting capabilities to help you consistently meet compaction targets fast, uniformly, and with fewer passes.
- Cat Product Link is deeply integrated into your machine, giving you access to information like machine location, hours, fuel usage, idle time and event codes via the online VisionLink user interface. Helps effectively manage fleet and lower operating costs.
BUILT-IN SAFETY FEATURES
- Railings, ladders and non-slip surfaces enhance technician and operator safety.
- Design ensures three points of contact at all times through ground level or platform accessible service areas.
- Rearview camera with in-cab monitor increases operator awareness around the machine.
- Standard cab-mounted LED warning strobes.
- Optional heated mirrors ensure enhanced visibility for safe operation.
- Optional LED lights provide excellent workspace visibility.
- Reduced vibrations to the operator with isolated cab mounts and seat mounted implement and steering controls.
- Low interior sound levels.
- Pressurized cab with filtered air.
REDUCE ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT
- Engine Idle Shutdown saves fuel by avoiding unnecessary idling.
- Reduce waste to the environment with maintenance-free batteries.
- The 825K is built to be rebuilt, maximizing machine life, and minimizing environmental impact. Get the most from your investment, with our sustainable options including Cat Reman and Certified Rebuild programs. With these programs, remanufactured components deliver cost savings of 40 to 70 percent, lowering operating costs while also reducing waste and minimizing the need for raw materials.
TOP-TIER SERVICE AND SUPPORT
- Safe and convenient service via ground level or platform access to daily service points.
- Swing-out doors on both sides of engine compartment provide easy access to daily service checks.
- Ecology drains for ease of service and prevention of spills.
- Reduce downtime with VIMS™ system notifications so operators and technicians can resolve problems before failure.
- Sight gauges mean quick visual inspection and minimize fluid contamination.
- Swing-out doors on both sides provide convenient access to daily service check points. Engine compartment lighting aids visibility.
- New ground level service area includes an electrical disconnect, emergency engine shutdown and stairway light switch.
- Cat dealers keep you running with preventive maintenance programs, maintenance contracts, best-in-class parts availability and operator training support.
- Standard and optional equipment may vary. Consult your Cat dealer for details.
- Power Train
- Air to air aftercooler
- Brakes, full hydraulic, enclosed, wet multiple disc service brakes
- Cat clean emission module (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV)
- Electro-hydraulic parking brake
- Electronic Clutch Pressure Control (ECPC)
- Engine, Cat C15: – Tier 4 Final/Stage IV – Tier 3/Stage IIIA equivalent
- Fuel priming pump (electric)
- Fuel to air cooler
- Ground level engine shutoff
- Hydraulically driven demand fan
- Integrated braking system
- Muffler (under hood) (Tier 3/Stage IIIA equivalent)
- Radiator, Aluminum Modular (AMR)
- Separated cooling system
- Single Clutch Speed Shifting (SCSS)
- Starting aid (ether) automatic
- Throttle lock
- Torque converter with Lock Up Clutch (LUC)
- Transmission, planetary, with 3F/3R speed range control
- Alarm, back-up
- Alternator, 150 amp
- Batteries, maintenance-free (4 – 1,000 CCA)
- Electrical system, 24V
- Ground level lockable master disconnect switch
- Light, warning unswitched (LED strobe)
- Lighting, access stairway
- Lighting, under hood
- Lighting system, halogen (front and rear)
- Lights, directional (rear)
- Starter, electric (heavy duty)
- Starting receptacle for emergency start
- Operator Environment
- 12V power port for mobile phone or laptop connection
- AccuGrade™ mapping (ready)
- Air conditioner
- Cab, sound-suppressed pressurized
- Cab door, sliding window (LH)
- Compaction control (ready)
- Coat and hard hat hooks
- Electro-hydraulic tilt and lift controls
- Finger tip shifting controls
- Flip-up armrest
- Heater and defroster
- Horn, electric
- Implement hydraulic lockout
- Instrumentation, gauges: – DEF fluid level (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV) – Engine coolant temperature – Fuel level – Hydraulic oil temperature – Speedometer/tachometer – Torque converter temperature
- Instrumentation, warning indicators: – Action alert system, three categories – Brake oil pressure – Electrical system, low voltage – Engine failure malfunction alert and action lamp – Parking brake status
- Internal four-post rollover protective structure (ROPS/FOPS)
- Laminated glass
- Light, (dome) cab
- Lunch box and beverage holders
- Mirror, internal (panoramic)
- Mirrors, heated ready
- Mirrors, rearview (externally mounted)
- Radio ready for entertainment: – Antenna – Speakers – Converter (12V, 10-15 amp)
- Seat, Cat Comfort (cloth) air suspension
- Seat belt with minder, retractable, 76 mm (3 in) wide
- STIC control system with lockout
- Sun visor, front
- Tinted glass
- Transmission gear (indicator)
- Vital Information Management System (VIMS): – Graphical information display – External data port – Customizable operator profiles
- Wet-arm wipers/washers (front and rear)
- Intermittent wipers (front and rear)
- Tires, Rims And Wheels
- Wheels, tamping tips
- Guard, driveshaft
- Guards, crankcase and power train
- Bulldozer straight blade, hydraulics, and linkage are included in the base machine
- Antifreeze, premixed 50% concentration extended life (–34° C/–29° F)
- Other Standard Equipment
- Cleaner bars with teeth
- Doors, service access (locking)
- Ecology drains for engine, radiator, transmission, hydraulic tank
- Emergency platform egress
- Engine, crankcase, 500 hour interval with CJ-4 oil
- Engine idle management features: – Auto idle kickdown – Delayed engine shutdown – Engine idle shutdown
- Fast fuel system
- Fire suppression ready
- Fuel tank, Fast Fill, 782 L (207 gal)
- Hitch, drawbar with pin
- Hoses, Cat
- Hydraulic, engine, and transmission oil coolers
- Oil change system, high speed
- Oil sampling valves
- Product Link
- Stairway, left and right rear access
- Steering, load sensing
- Toe kicks
- Total hydraulic filtration system
- Vandalism protection caplocks
- Venturi stack
- Fold down exhaust stack for shipping
- Standard and optional equipment may vary. Consult your Cat dealer for details.
- Operator Environment
- Camera, rear vision
- Radio, AM/FM/AUX/USB/BLUETOOTH
- Radio, CB (ready)
- Technology Products
- Compaction control, basic
- Antifreeze, –50° C (–58° F)
- Starting Aids
- Heater, engine coolant, 120V
- Heater, engine coolant, 240V
- Film (ANSI) (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV)
- EU certification (Tier 4 Final/Stage IV)
- Plate – year of manufacture (Tier 3/Stage III Equivalent)