Cat® Wheel Tractor-Scraper 657 twin engine has the power to boost productivity by utilize push-pull loading. Combine this ability with improvements in productivity, enhancements in operator comfort, and new safety features – Powered Access System and effective wet disc brakes – and you have a machine offering high returns on profit and time.
|Tractor Engine||Cat C18|
|Scraper Engine||Cat C15|
|Flywheel Power - Tractor/Scraper||469kW (629 hp) / 353 kW (473 hp)|
|Net Power||469 kW/637 hp|
|Gross Power (SAE J1995)||637 HP|
|Net Power (ISO 14396)||637 HP|
|Net Power (SAE J1349/ISO 9249)||584 HP|
|Net Power (SAE J1349/ISO 9249)||592 HP|
|Scraper Capacity - Heaped||44 yd³|
|Rated Load||104058 lb|
|Capacity - Struck||32 yd³|
|Depth of Cut - Maximum||16.4 in|
|Width - Cut - To Router Bits||12.5 ft|
|Ground Clearance - Maximum||2.3 ft|
|Hyd. Penetration Force - 657G||121000 lb|
|Depth of Spread - Maximum||26 in|
|Apron Opening||92 in|
|Apron Closure Force||39200 lb|
|Top Speed - Loaded||33 mile/h|
|1 Forward||3.5 mile/h|
|2 Forward||6.5 mile/h|
|3 Forward||7.8 mile/h|
|4 Forward||10.6 mile/h|
|5 Forward||14.2 mile/h|
|6 Forward||19.2 mile/h|
|7 Forward||25.7 mile/h|
|8 Forward||34.9 mile/h|
|Net Power||353 kW/447 hp|
|Gross Power (SAE J1995)||481 HP|
|Net Power (ISO 14396)||480 HP|
|Net Power (SAE J1349/ISO 9249)||415 HP|
|Weights - Push-Pull|
|Total Shipping||160505 lb|
|Tractor Shipping||93635 lb|
|Scraper Shipping||64068 lb|
|Total Operating - Empty||164244 lb|
|Front Axle||93842 lb|
|Rear Axle||66663 lb|
|Total Operating - Loaded||268302 lb|
|Front Axle - Loaded||134165 lb|
|Rear Axle - Loaded||130340 lb|
|Width - Overall Machine||14.3 ft|
|Width - Tractor||12.3 ft|
|Width - Rear Tire Center Lines||9.21 ft|
|Width - Inside of Bowl||12.07 ft|
|Width - Outside Bowl - Shipping Width||12.98 ft|
|Height - Overall Shipping||15.29 ft|
|Height - Top of Cab||12.86 ft|
|Ground Clearance - Tractor||2.3 ft|
|Front of Tractor to Front Axle||14.93 ft|
|Axle to Vertical Hitch Pin||1.8 ft|
|Height - Scraper Blade Maximum||2.17 ft|
|Wheel Base||32.68 ft|
|Length - Overall Machine||58.96 ft|
|Rear Axle - Rear of Machine||8.07 ft|
|Width - 180° Turn - Right||45.4 ft|
|Width - 180° Turn - Left||47.57 ft|
|Steering Angle - Right||90|
|Steering Angle - Left||85|
|Service Refill Capacities - Tractor|
|Crankcase||13.7 gal (US)|
|Transmission||35.9 gal (US)|
|Differential||36 gal (US)|
|Final Drive - Each||6 gal (US)|
|Cooling System||23.4 gal (US)|
|Hydraulic Reservoir||39.6 gal (US)|
|Windshield Washer||0.5 gal (US)|
|Bowl Cylinder Bore||7.08 in|
|Bowl Cylinder Stroke||37.4 in|
|Apron Cylinder Bore||7.08 in|
|Apron Cylinder Stroke||29.92 in|
|Ejector Cylinder Stroke (Stage 1/ Stage 2)||38.32 in|
|Steering Circuit (@ High Idle)||76.08 gal/min|
|Implement Circuit (@ High Idle)||517 l/min|
|Cushion Hitch Circuit||19.54 gal/min|
|Secondary Steering Circuit||14.52 gal/hr|
|Relief Valve - Steering Circuit||1959 psi|
|Relief Valve - Implement Circuit||1999 psi|
|Compensator Settings - Cushion Hitch Circuit||3002 psi|
|Service Refill Capacities - Scraper|
|Fuel Tank||430 gal (US)|
|Crankcase||8.9 gal (US)|
|Transmission||31.9 gal (US)|
|Differential||44 gal (US)|
|Final Drive - Each||7.8 gal (US)|
|Cooling System||16.6 gal (US)|
BE MORE PRODUCTIVE
- Up to 6% of improvements in productivity.
- Advanced Productivity Electronic Control System (APECS) allow the engine and transmission to communicate on a high level.
This communication allows the machine to better utilize the power and torque the engine is producing. The net result is moving
- Use Ground Speed Control to set the desired top speed and the machine will find the gear that works best for the engine and the transmission, providing a lower fuel burn.
- The Machine Speed Limit feature replaces Top Gear Selection.
- Auto-Stall assists in quickly bringing the transmission to an operating temperature at start-up when the machine is working in a cold climate region.
- Cat® Payload Estimator for scrapers is an earthmoving solution for optimal payload and jobsite efficiency. Payload Estimator achieves on-the-go weighing by using bowl lift cylinder pressure during the loaded haul segment. Payload Estimator is optimized to be used with Sequence Assist, which provides increased productivity with less operator effort.
WORK IN COMFORT
- Steer with less effort with the newly designed High-Pressure Steering system.
- Reduce up to 14 individual operator commands per cycle with
Sequence Assist (optional attachment).
- Enjoy interior improvements and a more ergonomic work
environment with a 21% larger cab than the 657 G-Series cabs.
- Intuitive, ergonomic controls with multifunction display keep operators focused on their work.
- Maintain desired cab temperature with Automatic
DESIGNED FOR SAFETY
- Get in and out of the cab easier with the new powered access
ladder system (optional attachment).
- Enhance an operator’s awareness of site surroundings with the
optional Work Area Vision System (WAVS).
- Ground level access to fuel fill and daily maintenance points.
- Seat belt indicator provides visual and audible alerts when the
seatbelt is not in use.
- Advanced Cushion Hitch allows the cushion hitch to prevent
end stroke by having the ability to predict end stroke events
and manage the rate of dampening, resulting in reduced hitch
maintenance and improved operator ride in rough conditions.
EASY TO OPERATE
- Cat Advance Ride Management (ARM) seat suspension reduces end stroke movement of the load cylinder for a smoother ride.
- Engine overspeed protection will automatically engage with no operator input when the machine is in eighth gear. The machine will assist in slowing the machine speed by canceling the throttle command and engaging the engine compression brake.
INTEGRATED CAT TECHNOLOGIES
- Access information anytime, anywhere with Vision Link® –use it to make informed decisions that boost productivity, lower costs, simplify maintenance, and improve safety and security onyour jobsite.
- Product Link™ collects machine data that can be viewed online through web and mobile applications (optional attachment).
- The Cat C18 tractor and C15 scraper engines meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final or EU Stage V emission standards, contributing to lowerfuel consumption.
- Using draft-arm overflow guards diverts material away from the bowl, preventing material from getting caught between the draft arms and the bowl sides.
- The new tractor hydraulic on-demand fan helps assist in lower fuel consumption.
- Standard and optional equipment may vary. Consult your Cat dealer for details.
- Alarm, backup
- Alternator, 115 amp - tractor engine
- Alternator, 65 amp - scraper engine
- Batteries Tractor (4), 12V Maintenance Free, High Output
- Batteries Scraper (4), 12V Maintenance Free, High Output
- Electrical System, 24V
- Lighting System - Tractor
- Lighting System - Scraper
- Starting Receptacle - tractor and scraper engines
- Operator Environment
- Air Conditioner (includes heater and defroster)
- Automotive style fuse panel with fuse puller
- Lunch box platform with holding strap
- Coat Hook
- Cup holder
- Diagnostic Connection Port (12V)
- Dome Courtesy Light
- Engine speed lock
- Fan defroster
- Gauge Group
- Implement Control Joystick
- Rearview Mirrors
- Radio Ready
- 2 radio openings, speakers, and 5-amp converter
- ROPS Cab with Sound Suppression and Pressurization
- Static Seatbelt, 2 piece
- Scraper Engine Controls
- Seat, Air Suspension, Cat Advanced Ride Management
- Steering Wheel - tilt and telescoping
- Storage Compartment
- Transmission Hold
- Windows - sliding side
- Windshield - laminated glass
- Windshield Wiper/Washer - front and rear
- Wrist Rest/Grab Handle
- Power Train
- Other Standard Equipment