The Cat® C3.6 agricultural tractor engine offers the perfect balance of compact size, reliability, and performance. This engine is offered in ratings ranging up to 100 kW (134 hp) @ 2200 rpm.
The C3.6 is designed to meet the specific requirements of agricultural tractors including structural sump with integral twin balancer shafts.
The C3.6 meets EU Stage V, U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final, and Japan 2014 emission standards.
|Maximum Power||134 HP|
|Maximum Torque||391 lb-ft @ 1500 rpm|
|Rated Speed||2000-2400 rpm|
|Minimum Power||74 HP|
|Emissions||U.S. EPA & CARB Tier 4 Final, EU Stage V|
|Engine Configuration||In-Line 4|
|Combustion System||Direct Injection|
|Rotation from Flywheel End||Counterclockwise|
|Aftertreatment||DOC+DPF or DOC+DPF+SCR|
|Engine Dimensions - Approximate|
|Weight - Net Dry - Basic Operating Engine Without Optional Attachments||840 lb|
Meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final, EU Stage V and Japan 2014 emission standards.
Reliable, Quiet and Durable Power
World-class manufacturing capability and processes coupled with proven technologies and extensive field validation assure reliability and durability in tough nonroad applications.
Leading edge fuel systems and turbocharging provide high torque even at lower engine speeds.
Fuel consumption optimized to match the measured operating cycles of agricultural tractors.
Fuel & Oil
U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final, and EU Stage V engines require Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) fuel containing a maximum of 10 ppm sulfur (EU) and 15 ppm sulfur (U.S.), and new oil formulations to support the new technology. Your Cat dealer can provide more information regarding fuel and oil.
Broad Application Range
Industry-leading range of factory configurable ratings and options to enable a solution for your machine.
Low Cost Maintenance
Worldwide service delivers ease of maintenance and simplifies the servicing routine. Capable of optimal oil change intervals of 500 hours. The S•O•S℠ program is available from your Cat dealer to determine oil change intervals and provide optimal performance.
Every Cat engine is manufactured to stringent quality standards in order to assure customer satisfaction.
World-class Product Support Offered Through Global Cat Dealer Network
- Scheduled maintenance, including SOS℠ sample
- Customer Support Agreements (CSA)
- Extended Service Coverage (ESC)
- Superior dealer service network
- Extended dealer service network through the Cat Industrial Service Distributor (ISD) program
U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final, EU Stage V Aftertreatment Features
Technology – The DOC, DPF and SCR technology provides customers with a solution which meets the emissions standards while providing optimal fuel consumption and transient response. For power ratings below 56 bkW (75 bhp), the SCR is not required. Mounting – On engine aftertreatment offered for best value and simplest OEM design and manufacturing processes. Remote mount alternatives are also available.
- Control System
- Starter motor (12V)
- Alternator (12V)
- Electronic Control Unit (chassis mounted)
- Engine control sensors and robust wiring harness
- Data interface via CANbus SAE J1939
- Flywheels And Flywheel Housing
- Agricultural back plate for transmission mounting
- Choice of flywheel to match industry common hydraulic pumps and transmissions
- Side PTO with SAE A or SAE B interface
- Fuel System
- Fuel filter – chassis mounted
- With water sensor
- Lube System
- Lubricating oil filters
- High incline oil pan – 25° continuous in all directions
- Cold start capability to -25° C (-13° F) with standard equipment
- Paint: Caterpillar yellow, with optional colors available at request
- U.s. Epa Tier 4 Final, Eu Stage V Aftertreatment/ Clean Emissions Control Equipment
- Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC) and Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF)
- Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) (not required <56 kW)