The Cat® C3.4B Industrial Power Unit is offered at 55.4 bkW (74.3 bhp) @ 2200 rpm, which meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final, EU Stage IIIB nonroad emission standards. Conveniently pre-configured for a wide range of applications, the Cat Industrial Power Unit is a complete power package containing a radiator, flywheel, alternator and alternator wiring completely pre-assembled for fast, straightforward installation in a number of OEM, customer and packager applications. These fuel efficient units are ready made for irrigation, industrial, mining and other pump applications.
|Maximum Power||74 HP|
|Maximum Torque||234.5 lb-ft @ 1600 rpm|
|Minimum Power||74 HP|
|Emissions||U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final|
|Engine Configuration||In-Line 4, 4-Stroke-Cycle Diesel|
|Rotation from Flywheel End||Counterclockwise|
|Power Unit Dimensions|
Reliable, Quiet and Durable Power
World-class manufacturing capability and processes coupled with proven core engine designs assure reliability, quiet operation, and many hours of productive life.
Leading-edge technology provides significant improvements in power, torque, fuel consumption and response. Technology includes single smart wastegated turbo systems, durable high pressure common rail technology, and closed circuit breathing system.
Fuel consumption optimized to match operating cycles of a wide range of equipment and applications while maintaining low operating costs.
Fuel & Oil
Tier 4 Interim or Tier 4 Final, Stage IIIB or Stage IV engines require Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) fuel containing a maximum of 15 ppm sulfur, and new oil formulations to support the new technology. Cat engines are designed to accommodate B20 biofuel. Your Cat dealer can provide more information regarding fuel and oil.
Broad Application Range
Industry leading range of factory configurable ratings and options for agricultural, material handling, construction, mining, aircraft ground support, and other industrial applications.
World-class Product Support Offered Through Global Cat Dealer Network
- Scheduled maintenance, including SOS℠ sample
- Customer Support Agreements (CSA)
- Caterpillar Extended Service Coverage (ESC)
- Superior dealer service network
- Extended dealer service network through the Cat Industrial Service Distributor (ISD) program
- Air Inlet System
- Standard air cleaners
- Control System
- Full electronic control system
- Fully integrated, engine-mounted electronic control unit
- Waterproof connectors and wiring looms
- Flexible and configurable software features and J1939 standard communications I/O
- Flywheels And Flywheel Housing
- SAE3 configuration
- Fuel System
- Engine-mounted fuel filters
- Electronic high pressure common rail fuel pump and injectors
- Lube System
- Lubricating oil filters and breathers
- Cold start capability to -20° C (-4° F)
- Paint: Caterpillar yellow, with optional colors available at request
- U.s. Epa Tier 4 Final, Eu Stage Iiib Aftertreatment/clean Emissions Control Equipment
- Through Flow Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF)
- Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC)
- Flex pipe connection kit with straight and 90° options for flexibility