Company: NMC Group
Title: General Sponsorship (Coop Student)
Open to all area Diesel Technology programs.
The NMC Sponsorship Program offers selected students the opportunity to learn from some of the top technicians in the industry and simultaneously earn their associates degree in Diesel Technology. This program provides a great opportunity for personal growth and the opportunity for a rewarding career in Diesel Technology. This program is designed for students who are already enrolled into a Diesel Technology program at any area diesel program.
NMC Sponsorship Benefits:
- Paid summer Co-op
- Will work side by side with a senior technician on diagnosing and repairing
- Paid tuition, books, fees, uniforms (for costs incurred after program acceptance)
- Personalized mentoring during the summers as well as the school year
- Upon successful completion of the program, the student will earn his or her Associates of Applied Science Degree in Diesel Technology
- Employment with NMC with many career progression opportunities available
NMC Sponsorship Qualifications
- Have earned or be in the process of earning a Diesel Technology Degree
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Proven record of good attendance and character
- Ability to work well as a teammate and independently
- Working knowledge of computer systems such as Microsoft programs, (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Skilled in listening and verbal/written communication
Expectations during the Sponsorship
- Follow all safety policies and procedures including:
- Participate in all job-related training and applicable development classes to maintain/increase knowledge base on machines service by NMC
- Exhibit and promote NMC’s values
- Showcase professional conduct in the workplace, the school, and beyond
- Maintain college education standards
- Maintain a 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Medical (and FSA/HAS plans), Dental, Vision Insurances
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance
- Supplemental Term Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement and In-house Training Dept.
- Paid Military Leave
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Safety Glasses and Boot Program
ABOUT NEBRASKA MACHINERY COMPANY
At Nebraska Machinery Company (NMC), our employees enjoy a relaxed culture with competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, and an inspiring culture to meet the changing needs of our customers in a rapidly evolving environment. NMC enables our customers’ success by understanding their unique needs and delivering tailored, innovative capital equipment solutions with specialization in Caterpillar construction equipment, power generation, material handling, and rental equipment, and total truck service. NMC continues to take pride in developing strong relationships with customers and our employees. These personal connections cultivate growth and success – they are the strength of NMC.
OUR MISSION & VALUES
Enabling our customers’ success by understanding their unique needs and delivering tailored, innovative capital equipment solutions.
INTEGRITY RELATIONSHIPS ENTREPRENERURSHIP EXCELLENCE STEWARDSHIP
NMC is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic informatidon or membership in any class protected by applicable local, state or federal law.Apply Now