Company: NMC Group
Title: Diesel Technician (Shop)
Location: North Platte, NE
Nebraska Machinery Company’s Diesel Technician (Shop) is responsible for repairing Caterpillar machines to customers’ satisfaction in a shop environment. This person removes, installs, repairs, disassembles, assembles, performs failure analysis of all Caterpillar equipment including engines, attachments, electrical systems, hydraulics, transmissions, power train, brakes, steering, and electronic and computer applications.
This position is eligible for Hiring Bonus, Relocation & Transitioning Military Assistance.
- 2+ Years of experience diagnosing and repairing heavy equipment which may include construction or agriculture equipment, generators or industrial engines (Caterpillar equipment knowledge is preferred).
- Experience diagnosing and repairing internal combustion engines (diesel).
- Experience with various types of systems and components (hydraulics, mechanical, pneumatic, power train, electronic, electrical, air and fuel systems, ac/dc electrical theory, etc.) on a large number of different kinds of equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Diesel Technician (Shop) inspects, diagnoses, troubleshoots, services and repairs customer Caterpillar machines in a shop environment.
- Conducts necessary machine performance and diagnostic tests, interprets results and makes decisions as to the extent of machine repair in a team environment.
- References and interprets service manuals, diagnostic software and parts books to determine problems/malfunctions and to verify repair specifications and parts needed.
- Verifies warranty information for parts still under warranty and handles return of core and remanufactured parts.
- Performs failure analysis on all Caterpillar equipment including engines, electrical systems, hydraulics, transmission, power train, brakes, steering and electronic/computer applications.
- Uses troubleshooting methods to repair and diagnose machine and attachment failures and performs repairs according to time requirement guidelines (TRG) standards. Escalates unresolved issues to Technical Communicators for further research and assistance.
- Will perform other duties as required.
- Medical (and FSA/HAS plans), Dental, Vision Insurances
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance
- Supplemental Term Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement and In-house Training Dept.
- Paid Military Leave
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Safety Glasses and Boot Program
ABOUT NEBRASKA MACHINERY COMPANY
At Nebraska Machinery Company (NMC), our employees enjoy a relaxed culture with competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, and an inspiring culture to meet the changing needs of our customers in a rapidly evolving environment. NMC enables our customers’ success by understanding their unique needs and delivering tailored, innovative capital equipment solutions with specialization in Caterpillar construction equipment, power generation, material handling, and rental equipment, and total truck service. NMC continues to take pride in developing strong relationships with customers and our employees. These personal connections cultivate growth and success – they are the strength of NMC.
OUR MISSION & VALUES
Enabling our customers’ success by understanding their unique needs and delivering tailored, innovative capital equipment solutions.
INTEGRITY RELATIONSHIPS ENTREPRENERURSHIP EXCELLENCE STEWARDSHIP
NMC is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic informatidon or membership in any class protected by applicable local, state or federal law.Apply Now