Why Generator Fluid Analysis Is an Essential Preventive Maintenance Service
Category: Equipment and Solutions
Fluid analysis is an essential tool for providing information about the internal health of your generator without having to disassemble the machine. NMC Cat is the only full-service fluid analysis lab in Nebraska and only the third in all of North America to earn the International Organization of Standardization (ISO) 17025 accreditation for coolant, fuel and oil. This prestigious certification means that our testing and calibration results provide accurate and dependable information about your generator.
For high-quality generator fluid analysis and maintenance in Nebraska and Pottawattamie County, Iowa, contact NMC Cat today.
What Is Fluid Analysis for Your Generator?
Generator fluid analysis service is the process of checking your generator’s vital fluids to detect any issues with the machine’s major components before performance declines.
At NMC Cat, our generator fluid analysis testing includes oil, coolant and fuel.
We test the oil in all of the lubricated systems within your generator, which can help to detect signs of wear as well as contaminants like glycol, dirt and water. We have numerous oil test options, including spectral analysis, cleanliness, condition, contamination and percent fuel.
Our coolant analysis will assess whether the fluid has the appropriate chemical balance needed for maximum efficiency and performance. We offer two levels of coolant testing:
- Level 1: Basic maintenance check to determine if the coolant has the right balance for corrosion/erosion and heat control. We also test for SCA concentration, conductivity, pH and glycol level.
- Level 2: Comprehensive analysis that includes all Level 1 tests as well as a complete analysis of the coolant and its effects on the cooling system
If you want to make sure there are no issues with your generator, fuel analysis is an essential maintenance task. This procedure tests for the buildup of fungus and bacteria that can plug your fuel filter, as well as overall fuel quality.
Why Is It important?
All of these fluid analysis tests are important for maintaining the health and longevity of your generator. Our power generator fluid analysis provides information you would not get from a regular maintenance check, which can help you prevent issues from occurring.
What Benefits Does It Provide?
Generator fluid analysis provides many benefits, including:
- Cost savings: By identifying and addressing issues before they become major problems, you will spend less money on repairs and reduce operating costs.
- Longevity: Staying on top of your generator’s fluid health will extend its life so you get the most out of your investment.
- Improved performance: Keeping your fluids balanced and at the right levels will ensure you get the best performance from your generator.
What Can Happen If You Don’t Utilize It?
If you don’t have a fluid analysis done on your generator, you risk minor problems turning into major issues that require costly repairs, which leads to machine damage and unplanned downtime.
Prevent these issues by letting NMC Cat perform a fluid analysis on your generator. Since we run the only full-service lab in the region to earn the ISO 17025 accreditation, you can rest assured that you will receive thorough, accurate results that will increase your generator’s performance and save you money.
Contact us today to schedule your generator fluid analysis service.