The Cat® 926M Waste Handler sets a new standard for productivity, fuel efficiency and comfort. A high torque, low speed C7.1 engine works in concert with an intelligent hystat power train to deliver fuel efficiency as standard. A complete range of guarding and debris management solutions are available to meet the needs of the most demanding environments. Extremely low sound levels, large spacious cab and intuitive controls keep you working comfortably all day and even all night! Experience the new industry benchmark.
|Maximum Gross Power||153 HP|
|Maximum Rated Gross Power - ISO 14396||153 HP|
|Maximum Rated Gross Power - ISO 14396 (DIN)||155 HP|
|Maximum Rated Gross Power - ISO 14396 (DIN) (Performance [HP+] Power Mode: Range 1-4)||155 HP|
|Maximum Rated Gross Power - ISO 14396 (Performance [HP+] Power Mode: Range 1-4)||153 HP|
|Maximum Rated Gross Power - Maximum Engine Speed (Performance [HP+] Power Mode: Range 1-4)||1800 r/min|
|Rated Net Power - 1,800 rpm - ISO 9249 (1977)/EEC 80/1269 at Minimum Fan Speed (Performance [HP+] Power Mode: Range 1-4)||149 HP|
|Rated Net Power - 1,800 rpm - SAE J1349 at Minimum Fan Speed (Performance [HP+] Power Mode: Range 1-4)||148 HP|
|Emissions||Engine meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final/EU Stage IV emission standards.|
|Maximum Gross Torque - ISO 14396 (Performance [HP+] Power Mode: Range 1-4)||531 ft·lbf|
|Maximum Gross Torque - ISO 14396 (Standard Power Mode: Range 1-3*)||531 ft·lbf|
|Maximum Net Torque - ISO 9249 (1977)/EEC 80/1269 (Performance [HP+] Power Mode: Range 1-4)||517 ft·lbf|
|Maximum Net Torque - ISO 9249 (1977)/EEC 80/1269 (Standard Power Mode: Range 1-3*)||517 ft·lbf|
|Maximum Net Torque - SAE J1349 (Performance [HP+] Power Mode: Range 1-4)||511 ft·lbf|
|Maximum Net Torque - SAE J1349 (Standard Power Mode: Range 1-3*)||511 ft·lbf|
|Maximum Rated Gross Power - ISO 14396 (DIN) (Standard Power Mode: Range 1-3*)||148 HP|
|Maximum Rated Gross Power - ISO 14396 (Standard Power Mode: Range 1-3*)||146 HP|
|Maximum Rated Gross Power - Maximum Engine Speed (Standard Power Mode: Range 1-3*)||1600 r/min|
|Note (1)||*Range 4 power and torque is equal to Performance Mode with Caterpillar Power by Range technology.|
|Note (2)||Net power ratings are tested at the reference conditions for the specified standard and denote power available at the flywheel when the engine is equipped with alternator, air cleaner, emission components and fan at specified speed.|
|Note (3)||No derating required up to 3000 m (10,000 ft) altitude. Auto derate protects hydraulic and transmission systems.|
|Note (4)||Spark arrester performance as standard – Meets the performance requirements of EN 1834-1.2000 (section 6.4.2 Visual Test).|
|Rated Net Power - 1,600 rpm - ISO 9249 (1977)/EEC 80/1269 at Minimum Fan Speed (Standard Power Mode: Range 1-3*)||142 HP|
|Rated Net Power - 1,600 rpm - ISO 9249 (DIN) at Minimum Fan Speed (Standard Power Mode: Range 1-3*)||144 HP|
|Rated Net Power - 1,600 rpm - SAE J1349 at Minimum Fan Speed (Standard Power Mode: Range 1-3*)||141 HP|
|Rated Net Power - 1,800 rpm - ISO 9249 (DIN) at Minimum Fan Speed (Performance [HP+] Power Mode: Range 1-4)||151 HP|
|Engine Model||Cat® C7.1|
|Operating Weight||31240 lb|
|Bucket Capacities||3.0-5.0 m3 (3.9-6.5 yd3)|
|ROPS||ISO 3471: 2008|
|FOPS||ISO 3449: 2005 LEVEL II|
|Declared Sound Levels - Exterior Sound Power Level (ISO 6395:2008)*||101 dB(A)|
|Declared Sound Levels - Operator Sound Pressure Level (ISO 6396:2008)*||68 dB(A)|
|Note (1)||*Measurements were conducted at 70% of maximum engine cooling fan speed. Sound level may vary at different engine cooling fan speeds. The cab was properly installed and maintained. The measurements were conducted with the cab doors and the cab windows clo|
|Note (2)||The Blue Angel environmental label is an optional attachment for Europe only.|
|Loader Hydraulic System|
|Cycle Times - Performance (HP+) at 1,800 rpm/Standard Power Mode at 1,600 rpm - Dump (at Maximum Lift Height)||1.5/1.7 seconds|
|Cycle Times - Performance (HP+) at 1,800 rpm/Standard Power Mode at 1,600 rpm - Float Down (Maximum Lift to Ground Level)||2.6/2.6 seconds|
|Cycle Times - Performance (HP+) at 1,800 rpm/Standard Power Mode at 1,600 rpm - Raise (Ground Level to Maximum Lift)||5.5/6.2 seconds|
|Cycle Times - Performance (HP+) at 1,800 rpm/Standard Power Mode at 1,600 rpm - Total Cycle Time||9.6/10.5 seconds|
|Lift Cylinder, Double Acting - Bore Diameter||4.3 in|
|Lift Cylinder, Double Acting - Rod Diameter||2.4 in|
|Lift Cylinder, Double Acting - Stroke||28.7 in|
|Maximum Flow - Implement Pump||40 gal/min|
|Maximum Flow - Implement Pump - 3rd Function*||40 gal/min|
|Maximum Working Pressure - Implement Pump||3771 psi|
|Note (1)||Implement system uses a dedicated load sensing variable displacement pump with dual double acting lift cylinders and a single double acting tilt cylinder.|
|Note (2)||Flow values listed are for a machine running in Performance Power Mode (1,800 rpm).|
|Note (3)||*3rd function flow is fully adjustable from 20% to 100% of maximum flow through the touch screen display when equipped.|
|Relief Pressure - Tilt Cylinder||4061 psi|
|Relief Pressure - Tilt Cylinder - 3rd Function Maximum Working Pressure||3771 psi|
|Tilt Cylinder, Double Acting - Bore Diameter||5.1 in|
|Tilt Cylinder, Double Acting - Rod Diameter||2.8 in|
|Tilt Cylinder, Double Acting - Stroke||21.9 in|
|Full Turn Tip Load||16257 lb|
|Brakes - Parking||Spring applied hydraulically released|
|Brakes - Service||Inboard wet disc|
|Front Axle - Traction Aid*||Locking differential (standard)|
|Note (1)||Power train is governed by the Caterpillar exclusive Intelligent Power Management system to deliver peak performance and efficiency.|
|Note (2)||Offset rims available to meet European roading requirements.|
|Note (3)||*Differential front locking axle can be engaged on the go at full torque to 10 km/h (6.2 mph) on the 926M.|
|Rear Axle - Oscillation Angle by Tire Size - 17.5 R25||± 13.5 degrees|
|Rear Axle - Oscillation Angle by Tire Size - 20.5 R25, 550/65, 600/65, 650/65||± 10.5 degrees|
|Rear Axle - Traction Aid - Optional||Limited slip differential|
|Service Refill Capacities|
|Cooling System||7.9 gal (US)|
|Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) Tank||5 gal (US)|
|Engine Crankcase||5.3 gal (US)|
|Front Axles||5.5 gal (US)|
|Fuel Tank||51.5 gal (US)|
|Hydraulic System - Including Tank||42.3 gal (US)|
|Hydraulic Tank||23.8 gal (US)|
|Rear Axles||5.5 gal (US)|
|Transmission - Gear Box||2.2 gal (US)|
|Maximum Flow - Steering Pump||34 gal/min|
|Maximum Steering Torque - 0° (Straight Machine)||37155 ft·lbf|
|Maximum Steering Torque - 40° (Full Turn)||27747 ft·lbf|
|Maximum Working Pressure - Steering Pump||3500 psi|
|Note (1)||Steering system uses a dedicated load sensing variable displacement pump with dual double acting cylinders.|
|Note (2)||Flow values listed are for a machine running in Performance Power Mode (1,800 rpm).|
|Steering Cycle Times - Full Left to Full Right - Maximum RPM: 90 rpm Steering Wheel Speed||2.4 s|
|Steering Cycle Times - Full Left to Full Right - Minimum RPM: Pump Flow Limited||2.8 s|
|Steering Cylinder, Double Acting - Bore Diameter||2.8 in|
|Steering Cylinder, Double Acting - Rod Diameter||1.6 in|
|Steering Cylinder, Double Acting - Stroke||17.2 in|
|Forward and Reverse - Range 1*||1-13 km/h (0.6-8 mph)|
|Forward and Reverse - Range 2||8 mile/h|
|Forward and Reverse - Range 3||17 mile/h|
|Forward and Reverse - Range 4||25 mile/h|
|Note||*Creeper control allows maximum speed range adjustability from 1 km/h (0.6 mph) to 13 km/h (8 mph) in Range 1 through the touch screen display when equipped. Factory default is 7 km/h (4.4 mph).|
Application Specific Configuration
Guard Your Investment
Choose from a complete range of optional guarding to protect your machine from the harsh environment of a waste handling application. The machine guarding is purpose built to protect the machine's major components and systems to keep you on the job and maximize production rates.
Maximize your engine life and extend filter cleaning intervals with a turbine pre-cleaner. Keep cool with a reversing fan to purge the single plane, widely spaced core cooling package and brush-less sealed alternator. Breath clean with a powered RESPA system for the operator environment designed to eliminate 90% of the particulate in the air and filter the remaining 10%.
Maximize Tire Life
Fine tune your wheel torque to match the underfoot conditions and maximize performance while extending tire life. Cat Waste Handlers feature wheel torque adjustments through an exclusive Rimpull Control feature designed to keep your operating costs low.
Customize Your Experience
Work as one with your machine by customizing the controls.
Flexible Power Train
A smooth, step-less electronically controlled hydrostatic transmission provides adjustable power to the ground with excellent groundspeed control and customizable feel.
- Select your Power Train Mode:
- Torque Converter (TC) for smooth rollout.
- Hystat for aggressive engine braking.
- Default mode which blends the best of Hystat and Torque Converter characteristics.
- Reduce tire wear using Rimpull control which enables you to match available tractive power to underfoot conditions
- Set Directional Shift Response, soft and smooth for material handling applications or sharp for aggressive operation.
Adjustable Electro Hydraulic Controls
Easily customize the hydraulic performance through touch screen display to optimize your efficiency.
- Optimize hydraulic modulation with Fine Mode control when working with forks.
- Quicker Hydraulic response for fine grading at speed and quick functions through Lift and Tilt response settings.
- Fully adjustable ride control activation speed along with 3rd function auxiliary flow for powering a roll out bucket.
Operator Profiles and Coded Start
- The M Series Wheel Loaders will remember you and your personal settings with unique operator codes to make this machine truly yours and keep it secure on the job site.
Power on Demand
A choice of Power Modes allows you to choose between maximum fuel efficiency or boosted power along with hydraulic speed to get your work done even quicker.
Standard Power Mode
- Saves up to 10% fuel compared to previous K Series models while running at an efficient 1,600 rpm.
- Recommended for load and carry to maximize fuel efficiency.
- Power-by-range logic increases power in speed Range 4 automatically to maximize travel speed and grade climbing performance.
- Reduces cab sound levels down to a whisper quiet 64 dB(A) typical.
Performance Power Mode
- Enabled at the push of a button (HP+).
- Boosts engine power by up to 10% in all speed ranges.
- Boosts engine speed by over 12%.
- Increases hydraulic cycle times and productivity.
Six Cylinders of Efficient Power
The Cat® C7.1 engine provides more efficient, quieter operation while delivering superior performance and durability through a high torque, low speed design. The engine meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final and EU Stage IV emission standards with a Clean Emissions Module that is designed to manage itself so you can concentrate on your work.
- No downtime for regeneration with a passive low temperature system that keeps you on the job.
- Fit for Life Diesel Particulate Filter that is designed to exceed the engine overhaul life.
- Extended fluid fill intervals with minimal use of Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) with up to four fuel tank fills per DEF fill.
- Configurable auto idle shut down based on time and ambient temperature to further reduce fuel burn and keep operating costs low.
- Spark arrester performance as standard – Meets the performance requirements of EN 1834-1.2000 (section 6.4.2 Visual Test)
Power to the Ground
Lock up and go with fully locking front differential axles that can be engaged on the move at full torque with the pull of a trigger on the seat mounted joystick. Maximize your traction with optional Limited Slip Differential on the rear axle to keep you climbing.
Independent service brakes on front and rear axles provide robust stopping performance while a push button electronic park brake allows you to safely secure the machine with ease.
Work Made Easy
Optimized Z-bar Linkage
The Caterpillar patented optimized Z-bar linkage combines the digging efficiency of a traditional Z-bar with integrated tool carrier capabilities for great performance and versatility.
- Perfect Parallelism functionality available in Fork Mode gives truly predictable performance while high tilt forces throughout the working range help you safely and confidently handle loads with precise control.
- Visibility to bucket corners and fork tips at ground level remain excellent while sight lines at maximum lift are improved with a Generation II lift arm design.
Quick Loading, Performance Series Buckets
Performance Series Buckets deliver up to 10% higher fill factors and better material retention for significant productivity and fuel efficiency improvements. The buckets feature a longer floor to take a bigger bite of the pile, an open throat to heap higher and curved side bars to help with material retention. This optimized shape is echoed across the General Purpose, Light Material, and High Dump bucket families.
Smooth and Predictable Multi-Function Performance
M Series machines feature an electro-hydraulic control system that is governed by the Intelligent Power Management system for peak efficiency. The load-sensing, variable flow system senses work demand and adjusts flow and pressure to match the operators request.
- Multi-Function without compromise through Caterpillar's exclusive dedicated hydraulic systems featuring three pumps:
- 1st pump for Intelligent Hydrostatic drive
- 2nd pump for implements
- 3rd pump for steering system
Drive, Lift and Steer simultaneously with smooth predictable control. The M Series simply does what you ask it to.
- Programmable in-cab kick-outs are easy to set on the go for tilt, lower and lift. This feature is ideal for applications where the work cycle is repeatable allowing you to quickly return to programed set points such as ground and level.
- Fine tune hydro-mechanical performance with fully adjustable 3rd function flow through the touch screen display (when equipped) for a perfect marriage between machine and attachments.
Enjoy All Day Comfort
Have a Seat and Experience:
- Seat-mounted controls featuring a low effort joystick for lift and tilt functions along with integrated Forward/Neutral/Reverse switch, differential lock trigger and optional third and fourth auxiliary functions.
- Superior all around visibility with single piece front windshield, new parabolic external mirrors, redesigned Generation II linkage and clean hydraulic lines routing.
- Automatic climate control with heated rear glass and external mirrors for a quick defrost.
- Fully adjustable controls including steering column, joystick and seat suspension.
- Information at a glance with large primary LCD display and optional full color touch screen display.
- An extra eye on the job site with optional integrated rear object detection and optional* rearview camera.
- A heated and cooled seat option for added comfort in a wide range of climates.
*Standard in Europe.
An easy day at work with:
- A spacious, safe, quiet operator environment featuring ergonomic controls, seat belt notification and optional Bluetooth™ radio with integrated microphone plus an auxiliary port.
- Easy access to vital machine parameters with the optional touch screen display that works in conjunction with the standard soft touch panel to allow real time adjustments to machine features and an integrated help button with over 25 languages.
- Comfortable soft stops at cylinder end stroke conditions and programmable kickout points with Caterpillar's exclusive electro-hydraulic cylinder snubbing.
- An even smoother ride with optional Ride Control when working unloaded and loaded with excellent material retention.
- Early starts and late finishes are made easier with optional LED lighting package that includes engine compartment lighting to illuminate the way for checking oil, and coolant level along with refueling the machine in dark conditions.
Configured for Success
The Way You Want It
A complete range of optional equipment and work tools gives you the versatility to configure a Waste Handler to be successful in your business. Get with your Caterpillar dealer to configure yours.
- Tilt cylinder
- Fender deflectors
- Drive shaft
- Steering cylinders
- Side power train
- Lower power train
- Crank case
- Reversing fan
- Sealed alternator
- Turbine precleaner
- RESPA precleaner
- Full range of tools
- Seat, deluxe or premium
- Deluxe cab (with touch screen display)
- High lift linkage
- Coupler: Fusion™ and ISO 23727
- Auxiliary hydraulics: 3rd and 4th
- Window washing access
- Ride control
- Fenders: extended and full coverage
- Cold start package
- Rear object detection
- Blue Angel certification
- LED auxiliary lights
- CPM – Cat Production Measurement
- TPM – Tire Pressure Monitoring
Get up and running quickly with ground level, daily service access and optional engine compartment lighting. Three large service doors can be opened and closed in any order to give full access to filters and service points. Extended service intervals on hydraulic and power train filters reduce service time and maximize uptime. Additional service features include:
- Product Link™ PRO standard with a trial subscription to VisionLink®.
- Maintenance reminders through touch screen display at scheduled intervals.
- Fit for Life Diesel Particulate Filter that is designed to exceed the engine overhaul life.
- Quick fuel filter service with Caterpillar's exclusive electric fuel priming pump.
- Jump start studs as standard equipment.
- Extended cleanouts with single plane cooling system and wide spaced six fins per inch coolers as standard.
- Integrated Autolube (optional) with adjustable greasing frequency.
Renowned Cat Dealer Support
Rely on your Cat dealer to help you every step of the way with new or used machine sales, rental or rebuild options to meet your business needs.
Maximize your machine uptime with unsurpassed worldwide parts availability, trained technicians and customer support agreements.
Let us earn your business. Experience an M Series Small Wheel Loader and join the Caterpillar family.
- Power Train
- Axle seal guards
- Auto idle shut down feature
- Cat® C7.1 engine:
– Power Modes (Standard and Performance)
– Power by Range (High Power in Range 4)
– Turbocharged and aftercooled
– Filtered crankcase breather
– Diesel particulate filter (Fit for Life)
- Coolant protection to –34° C (–29° F)
- Differential lock in front axle
- Dry type air cleaner
- Enclosed wet disc full hydraulic brakes
- Fuel priming pump, automatic
- Fuel water separator
- Hydraulically driven demand cooling fan
- Intelligent hydrostatic transmission:
– Power train modes
– Directional shift aggressiveness
– Rimpull control, adjust wheel torque
– Creeper control, adjust ground speed
- Lubed for life driveshafts
- Parking brake, electric
- Wide spaced six fins per inch cooling package
- S·O·SSM sampling ports
- Throttle lock and maximum speed limiter
- Automatic lift, lower and tilt kickouts
- Bucket and Fork Modes, adjustable in-cab
- Cylinder damping at kickout and end stops
- Fine Mode control in Fork Mode
- Hydraulic response setting
- Load sensing hydraulics and steering
- Seat-mounted hydraulic joystick controls
- Alternator, 115-amp, heavy duty
- 12V power supply in cab (2)
- Batteries, 1,000 CCA (2) 24 volt system
- Back-up alarm
- Emergency shutdown switch
- Heavy duty gear reduction starter
- Product Link PRO with trial subscription
- Remote jump start post
- Resettable main and critical function breakers
- Operator Environment
- 75 mm (3 in) retractable seat belt, with audible alarm and indicator
- Automatic temperature control
- Binder storage net
- Cab, enclosed and pressurized
- Cup holders
- External heated mirrors with lower parabolic
- Ground level cab door release
– Digital hour meter, odometer, tachometer, ground speed and direction indicator
– Engine coolant temperature gauge
– Fuel and Diesel Exhaust Fluid level
– Hydraulic oil temperature gauge
- Hydraulic control lockout
- Interior cab lighting, door and dome
- Interior rearview mirrors (2)
- Lunch box storage
- Operator warning system indicators
- Radio ready speakers
- Rear window defrost, electric
- Seat-mounted controls, adjustable
- Sliding glass on the side windows
- Column mounted multi function control – lights, wipers, turn signal
- Suspension seat, fabric
- Tilt and telescopic steering wheel
- Wet arm wiper/washer, front and rear
- Other Standard Equipment
- Large-access enclosure doors
- Parallel lift loader linkage
- Recovery hitch with pin
- Remote mounted lubrication points
- Lockable compartments and enclosures
- Eu Standard Equipment
- Cab, deluxe
- Camera, rearview
- Optional Equipment
- Antifreeze/coolant, extended-life
- Auto lube, integrated in touch screen display
- Auxiliary flow, third and fourth function
- Axles, differential, limited slip, rear
- Axles, elevated breathers
- Beacon light, strobe
- Cab, deluxe (standard in Europe):
– Automatic blower control
– Electrically adjustable heated mirrors (2)
– LED interior lighting
– Touch screen display
- Ride control adjustable speed activation
- Preventative maintenance reminders
- Integrated help function (22 languages available)
- Sunscreen, front and rear
- Camera, rearview (standard in Europe)
- Cat Production Measurement (CPM) – fully integrated scale system, with optional printer that can print up to three copies of the weigh ticket
- Cold start package:
– Ether starting aid, block heater and additional batteries 1,000 CCA (four in total)
- Coupler, (Fusion and ISO 23727)
- Debris packages:
– Low – standard six fins per inch package
– Medium – reversing fan and Syklone precleaner
– High – adds a sealed alternator to medium package
- Fenders (extended cover and full coverage)
– Power train, (lower, side, driveshaft and crankcase)
– Windshield and lights
– Cylinders, tilt and steering
- Lights, auxiliary, halogen or LED with engine compartment lights
- Rear Object Detection
- Radio packages:
– Radio ready with Bluetooth
– Radio, AM/FM with Bluetooth and clock
– Radio, AM/FM with CD player deluxe, weatherband, Bluetooth and clock
– Deluxe seat – fully adjustable fabric air suspension seat with high seat backrest
– Premium seat – fully adjustable leather and fabric air suspension with high backrest and air lumbar support. Heated and cooled bottom cushion and backrest.
– Dual mode and Secondary
– Bias ply, 17.5, 20.5-25
– Radial, 17.5, 20.5, 23.5, 550/65, 600/65, 650/65 R25
- Tire Pressure Monitoring (TPM) – fully integrated system with high and low pressure alerts
- Toolbox – 0.03 m3 (1.2 ft3) of undercab storage
- Work tools