Cat Wheel Dozers are designed with durability built in, ensuring maximum availability through multiple life cycles. With optimized performance and simplified serviceability, our machines allow you to move more material efficiently and safely at a lower cost per ton. Engineered for your demanding work in large dozing applications, the 854K Wheel Dozer is the largest in the Cat Wheel Dozer line and is an ideal match for large mining operations, power generating utilities, the general contracting industry and wherever mobility, versatility and compaction is needed.
|Engine Model||Cat® C32 ACERT™|
|Gross Power||907 HP|
|Emissions (U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final): Gross Power - SAE J1995||900 HP|
|Emissions (U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final): Net Power ISO - 9249||814 HP|
|Emissions (Tier 2 Equivalent): Gross Power - SAE J1995||907 HP|
|Emissions (Tier 2 Equivalent): Net Power ISO - 9249||814 HP|
|Rated Speed||1750 r/min|
|Peak Torque - 1,200 rpm||3139 lb/ft|
|Torque Rise||30 %|
|Note (1)||Net power advertised is the power available at the flywheel when the engine is equipped with fan, air cleaner, muffler and alternator.|
|Note (2)||Net torque rise meets SAE J139.|
|Note (3)||No engine derating required up to 3050 m (10,000 ft) altitude.|
|Operating Weight||224254 lb|
|Transmission Type||Cat Planetary Power Shift|
|Converter Drive - Forward 1||4.4 mile/h|
|Converter Drive - Forward 2||7.7 mile/h|
|Converter Drive - Forward 3||13.2 mile/h|
|Converter Drive - Reverse 1||4.8 mile/h|
|Converter Drive - Reverse 2||8.4 mile/h|
|Converter Drive - Reverse 3||14.6 mile/h|
|Direct Drive - Forward 1||Lock-up disabled|
|Direct Drive - Forward 2||8.1 mile/h|
|Direct Drive - Forward 3||14.2 mile/h|
|Direct Drive - Reverse 1||5 mile/h|
|Direct Drive - Reverse 2||8.9 mile/h|
|Direct Drive - Reverse 3||15.6 mile/h|
|Note||Travel speeds based on 45/65-45 L-5 46 ply tires.|
|Hydraulic System - Lift/Tilt|
|Output at 1,850 rpm and 6900 kPa (1,000 psi)||161 gal/min|
|Cylinders, Double Acting - Lift, Bore and Stroke||177 mm × 1760 mm (0.58 ft × 5.8 ft)|
|Cylinder, Double Acting - Tilt and Tip, Bore and Stroke||267 mm × 286 mm (0.88 ft × 0.94 ft)|
|Relief Valve Setting - Lift (Large Pump)||3289 psi|
|Relief Valve Setting - Tilt (Small Pump)||3560 psi|
|Service Refill Capacities|
|Fuel Tank - Standard||413 gal (US)|
|Cooling System||53 gal (US)|
|Crankcase||32 gal (US)|
|Transmission||45 gal (US)|
|Differential - Final Drives - Front||98 gal (US)|
|Differential - Final Drives - Rear||90 gal (US)|
|Hydraulic System - Implement and Brakes - Tank Only||81 gal (US)|
|Hydraulic System - Steering and Engine Cooling Fan - Tank Only||77 gal (US)|
|Rear||Oscillating at ±10 degrees|
|Maximum Single-Wheel Rise and Fall||22.6 in|
|Brakes||Meets ISO 3540:2011|
|Blade Capacities||25 to 45 m³ (33 to 58 yd³)|
|Air Conditioning||Standard air conditioning system contains environmentally friendly R134a refrigerant|
|Cab - ROPS/FOPS (1)||Cat cab with separate ROPS/FOPS is standard in North America, Europe and Japan.|
|Cab - ROPS/FOPS (2)||SAE J1040 MAY94, ISO 3471:2008, ISO 3471:2005|
|ROPS||ROPS meets SAE J1040 MAY94, ISO 3471:2008 and ISO 3471:1994 criteria.|
|FOPS||FOPS meets SAE J231 JAN81 and ISO 3449:1992 Level II criteria.|
|Sound Performance (1)||The dynamic operator sound pressure level is 71 dB(A) when ISO 6396:2008 is used to measure the value for an enclosed cab.|
|Sound Performance (2)||The exterior sound pressure level for the standard machine measured at a distance of 15 m (49.2 ft) is 87 dB(A).|
|Sound Performance (3)||Hearing protection may be needed when operating with open operator station & cab for extended periods or in noisy environment.|
|Sound Performance (4)||The operator sound exposure Leq measured according to work cycle procedures specified in ANSI/SAE J1166 FEB08 is 71 dB(A).|
|Minimum Turning Radius||31 ft|
|Total Steering Angle||86 °|
|Hydraulic Output at 1,850 rpm and 6900 kPa (1,000 psi)||124 gal/min|
|Relief Valve Setting||5004 psi|
|Model 854K (Tier 4)|
|Serial Number Prefix||KK6|
|Model 854K (Tier 2)|
|Serial Number Prefix||RM6|
|Height - Top of ROPS||18.25 ft|
|Height - Top of Exhaust Pipe||17.17 ft|
|Height - Top of Hood||13 ft|
|Ground Clearance||27 in|
|Centerline of Front Axle to Hitch||9.67 ft|
|Centerline of Rear Axle to Edge of Bumper||13.75 ft|
|Wheel Base||19.25 ft|
|Length - With Blade on Ground||44 ft|
Your bottom line is improved by highly durable structures that achieve multiple life cycles and withstand the toughest loading conditions.
- Full box-section rear frame resists torsional shock and twisting forces.
- Castings in the engine end frame are used in high stress areas to spread high loads.
- Cast axle pivot mounting areas better disperse stress loads for increased structural integrity.
- 90 percent of the machine structure is robotically welded to provide highly consistent welds and increased strength.
Your key to maximum uptime and productivity is our purpose built front and rear frames.
- Full box-section frames absorb torsional forces during dozing, maintaining alignment for hitch pins and drive line.
- Spread hitch design features double tapered roller bearings and hardened pins that resist both horizontal and vertical loads.
- Enhance strength in key pin areas through the use of one piece castings.
Push Beam and Push Arm Dozer Arrangement
To ensure long life and reliability, solid one piece push beams are through-width, not merely attached to the side of the frame. In corner dozing, stresses are transferred and absorbed through a larger portion of the frame.
Impeller Clutch Torque Converter (ICTC) and Rimpull Control System (RCS)
Lower your cost per ton utilizing advanced ICTC and RCS for modulated rimpull.
- Reduce tire slippage and wear by modulating rimpull from 100 to 25 percent while depressing left pedal. After 25 percent rimpull is achieved the left pedal applies the brake.
- Reduce the potential for wheel slippage without reducing hydraulic efficiency with RCS.
- Improve fuel efficiency in certain applications with our lock-up clutch torque converter providing direct drive.
Steering and Transmission Integrated Control System (STIC™)
Experience maximum responsiveness and control with STIC that combines directional selection, gear selection and steering into a single lever.
- Simple side-to-side motion turns machine right or left, minimizing operator movements.
- Easy to operate finger controlled gear selection.
- Smoother, faster cycles and less operator fatigue through the use of low effort integrated controls.
Cat Planetary Powershift Transmission
Building your success begins with a best-in-class transmission designed specifically for mining applications.
- Consistent, smooth shifting and efficiency through integrated electronic controls.
- Long life and reliability through heat treat gear and metallurgy.
- Three forward and three reverse speeds to match your application.
Cat C32 ACERT Engine
Durability and efficiency at the heart of your 854K comes from the Cat C32 engine with ACERT technology. Optimum performance is built in through the use of a 12-cylinder, four-stroke design.
- On-demand performance through the use of turbochargers and aftercoolers.
- High Torque Rise – 33% torque rise ensures high lugging forces during dozing.
- Extended engine life through lower rpm ratings.
- Quick engine response through the use of electronic engine controls.
- U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final rating available for highly regulated regions.
Electro Hydraulic Controls
Operators increase productivity with our responsive implements feature.
- Operate comfortably through electronically controlled hydraulic cylinder stops.
- Handle easy-to-use soft detent controls.
Improve operator efficiency by matching the speed of the blade movement to your application.
- Three different speeds: Standard, Fine and Fast.
- Easily configured through the advisor display.
- Only affects blade raise and lower functions.
Confident loader operation starts with precise machine control enabled by the 854K's load sensing hydraulic steering system.
- Increase efficiency with our variable displacement piston pumps.
- Achieve precise positioning for easy loading in tight areas with 43 degrees of steering articulation.
- Enhance operator comfort with integrated steering and transmission control functions.
Benefit from extended performance and reliability of your hydraulic system with our advanced filtration system.
- Lift/tilt case drain filters.
- Lift/tilt high pressure screens.
- Steering case drain filters.
- Steering high pressure screens.
- Hydraulic case drain filters.
- Front pump drive lube filter.
- Front and rear brake oil screens.
Your operators can work more efficiently and stay comfortable with our customer-inspired cab features.
Entry and Exit
Enter and exit the cab easily and safely with these newly designed, ergonomic features.
- Two side access points.
- Fold up STIC steer/arm rest.
- Reduced access stairway angles.
Cat Comfort Series III Seat
Enhance comfort and reduce operator fatigue with Cat Comfort Series III seat.
- High back design and extra thick, contoured cushions.
- Air suspension system.
- Easy-to-reach seat levers and controls for six way adjustments.
- Seat-mounted implement pod and STIC steer that moves with the seat.
- 76 mm (3 in) wide retractable seat belt.
Safely train other operators in comfort with our standard training seat.
- 76 mm (3 in) wide, retractable seat belt.
- Fold-down design with molded drink tray and storage.
Your operator's productivity is enhanced with our clean, comfortable cab environment.
- Experience reduced vibrations from viscous cab mounts and seat air suspension.
- Maintain desired cab temperature with automatic temperature controls.
- Pressurized cab with filtered air.
- Sound level reduced to a quiet 71 dB(A).
The 854K electronic systems have been completely integrated to function as one machine. This integration creates a smart machine and more informed operator, maximizing the productivity of both.
We have worked hard to help our customers and operators perform at their best through our Vital Information Management System (VIMS 3G).
- Easy-to-view Advisor Display features a large screen.
- Intuitive operation and easy navigation with our enhanced user interface.
- Decrease service time by keeping operators informed about machine system malfunction or operation.
Operator comfort begins with personalized machine feature settings. Through our Advisor Display, an operator can instantly recall personalized profiles.
- Store up to 10 separate operator profiles through Advisor.
- Decrease setup time between operators by recalling personalized screen layouts.
Cat MineStar System
Cat MineStar System is the industry's broadest suite of integrated mine operations and mobile equipment management technologies, configurable to suit your operation's needs. Its capability sets – Fleet, Terrain, Detect, Health and Command – contain a range of technologies that let you manage everything from fleet assignment and condition monitoring to remote and autonomous control. The 854K can take advantage of many of these advanced technologies, some of which are standard out of the factory.
Fleet provides comprehensive, real-time machine tracking, assignment and productivity management, giving you a comprehensive overview of all operations from anywhere in the world.
Terrain for Loading
Terrain with your 854K enables high-precision management of loading operations through the use of guidance technology. It increases 854K's productivity and provides you real-time feedback for improved efficiency.
Detect helps increase operator awareness, enhancing safety at your operation. It includes a range of capabilities designed to assist the operator with areas of limited visibility around fixed and mobile equipment.
Health delivers critical event-based machine condition and operating data for your entire fleet. It includes comprehensive equipment health and asset monitoring capabilities, with a wide range of diagnostic, analytic and reporting tools.
We are constantly improving our products in an effort to provide a safe work environment for the operator and those who work on your job site.
- Wider stairs with reduced stair angles provide a safe means for operators getting on and off the 854K.
- Walkways with non-skid surfaces and integrated lock out/tag out points are designed into the service areas.
- Windshield cleaning platforms provide safe and convenient access for the operator.
- Maintain three points of contact at all times through ground level or platform accessible service areas.
- Emergency egress access.
- Optional pull-down window shade and optional heated mirrors ensure extended visibility for safe operation.
- Cat Detect with Object Detection System (rearview camera and radar) or Vision (rearview camera) option increases operator awareness around the machine.
- Standard HID lights provide excellent workspace visibility.
- Cab mounted LED warning beacons.
- Low vibrations to the operator with viscous cab mounts and seat air suspension.
- Low interior sound levels.
- Operator training seat facilitates safe new operator training.
- Standard 76 mm (3 in) seat belts on the operator seat and operator training seat.
Powered Access System
The Cat powered access system allows easier access to the primary stairs by improving ingress and egress to and from the rear platform.
- Safe, ergonomic access system.
- All operators have adequate space when using the wide stairway.
- Operators maintain three-point contact when using full handrails on each side.
- Raise lower platform from cab level or ground.
- Occupants can quickly exit with a conveniently located emergency release valve if the loader becomes inoperable.
We can help you succeed by ensuring your 854K has design features to reduce your downtime.
- Longer service intervals on fluids and filters.
- Safe and convenient service with ground level or platform access and grouped service points.
- Swing-out doors on both sides of the engine compartment provide easy access to important daily service checks.
- Ecology drains for ease of service and prevention of spilling potential environmental contaminants.
- Centralized remote pressure taps.
- Reduce downtime with VIMS system notifications so your operators and technicians can resolve any problems before failure.
Legendary Cat Dealer Support
A valued partner, your Cat dealer is available whenever you need them.
- Preventive maintenance programs and guaranteed maintenance contracts.
- Best-in-class parts availability.
- Improve your efficiency with operator training.
- Genuine Cat Remanufactured parts.
The 854K is designed to maximize efficiency and productivity while conserving natural resources.
- Engine Idle Shutdown can help you save fuel by avoiding unnecessary idling.
- Reduce waste to the environment with our maintenance free or extended maintenance batteries.
- Built for multiple lives, the Cat 854K is one of the most rebuilt products. To assist with maximizing machine life, Caterpillar provides a number of sustainable options such as our Reman and Certified Rebuild programs. In these programs, reused or remanufactured components can deliver cost savings of 40 to 70 percent, which lowers operating cost while benefiting the environment.
- Caterpillar offers retrofit packages to bring new features to older machines, maximizing your resource. And, when you go through the Cat Certified Rebuild program, these retrofit kits are part of the rebuild process.
Maximize your productivity with the right blade for your dozer application.
- High strength, pressed rib construction.
- Large Cat Track-Type Tractor bolt on cutting edges and bottom wear plates.
- Optimized widths and capacities for excellent dozing and rolling characteristics.
Increase your productivity with a Cat coal blade designed to retain load control and a large capacity for lighter materials.
Featuring the characteristics of the S and U blades into one package for increased capacity while retaining excellent spreading characteristics of a straight blade.
For unmatched durability in high wear applications the Semi-U blade feature:
- Hardox 400 Liner plate and side plates
- Additional reinforcements on the bottom of the blade
- Standard and optional equipment may vary. Consult your Cat dealer for details.
- Alarm, back-up
- Alternator (150-amp)
- Batteries, low maintenance
- Deutsch & Amp Seal terminal connectors
- ECM diagnostic connector
- Ground level electrical disconnect
- Ground level starting receptacle for emergency start
- Lighting system, halogen (front and rear)
- Lighting, access stairway
- Starter, electric (heavy duty)
- Starting and charging system (24-volt)
- Operator Environment
- Advisor display
- Air conditioner and heater with automatic temperature control
- Cab, sound suppressed, pressurized, rollover protective structure (ROPS/FOPS) Radio ready for (entertainment) includes antenna, speakers, and 1 × 12V converters (24-volt, 10 amp) for use with laptop/cell phone
- Cigar lighter and ashtray
- Coat hook
- Electro-hydraulic tilt and lift control system locks
- Heater and defroster
- Horn, electric
- Implement and steering lockouts
- VIMS 3G monitoring system:
– Action alert system, three category
– Instrumentation, gauges:
· Engine Coolant Temperature
· Fuel Level
· Hydraulic Oil Temperature
· Transmission Gear Indicator
· Transmission Oil Temperature
- Light, dome (cab)
- Lunchbox and beverage holders
- Mirrors, rearview (externally mounted)
- Seat belt, retractable, 76 mm (3 in) wide operator and trainer seats
- Seat, Cat Comfort (cloth) air suspension
- STIC control system
- Tinted glass
- Wet-arm wipers/washer (front, rear, and corners), intermittent front wipers
- Power Train
- Air-to-Air After cooler (ATAAC)
- Auto Idle Kickdown
- Axle oil coolers (front and rear)
- Brakes, fully hydraulic, enclosed, wet multiple disc service brakes and dry parking/secondary brake
- Case drain filters
- Delayed Engine Shutdown
- Demand fan
- Electric fuel priming pump
- Engine, Cat C32 ACERT
- Ground level engine shutdown
- Ground level fast fill fuel
- Ground level transmission lockout
- Ground level starter lockout
- Idle Engine Shutdown
- Precleaner, engine air intake
- Next Generation Modular Radiator (NGMR)
- Starting aid (ether), automatic
- Throttle lock
- Transmission, 533 mm (21 in) planetary, powershift with 3F/3R, electronic control
- Venturi Exhaust Stacks
- Other Standard Equipment
- Automatic bucket lift/tilt kickouts, electronically adjustable from cab
- Bumper service center
- Couplings, Cat O-ring face seals
- Doors, service access (locking)
- Emergency platform egress
- Fenders, steel (front and rear)
- Grouped hydraulic pressure ports
- Guards, power train and crankcase
- Hitch, drawbar with pin
- Hoses, Cat XT™ and XT-ES
- Hydraulic oil cooler
- Impeller clutch
- Implement and steering ecology drains
- Mufflers, under hood
- Oil sampling valves
- Piston pump case drain filters
- Electro-hydraulic blade controls
- Product Link™
- Service center with ground level electrical and fluids service center
- Sight gauges:
– Coolant level
– Implement oil level
– Steering oil level
– Transmission oil level
- Starter lockout, bumper
- Stairway, left and right rear access
- Steering, load sensing
- Toe kicks
- Transmission lockout, bumper
- Vandalism protection caplocks
- Windshield cleaning platforms
- Venturi Stack
- Tires, Rims, And Wheels
- A tire must be selected from the mandatory attachments section. Base machine price includes a tire allowance.
- Premixed 50 percent concentration of extended life coolant with freeze protection to –34° C (–29° F)
- Standard and optional equipment may vary. Consult your Cat dealer for details.
- Semi-U – 25.4 m³ (33.1 yd³)
- HD Semi-U – 25.4 m³ (33.1 yd³)
- Coal – 44.7 m³ (58.2 yd³)
- 10A converter
- HID lights
- Object Detection
- Rear vision camera
- LED strobe warning beacons
- Operator Environment
- AM/FM/CD/MP3 radio
- Cab precleaner
- Sirius/USB/Bluetooth Radio
- Sun Screen
- Starting Aids
- Engine coolant 120V heater
- Engine coolant 240V heater
- Machine Control And Guidance
- CAES attachment ready option
- Miscellaneous Attachments
- Arctic Antifreeze for protection to –50° C (–58° F)
- Diagnostic lines
- Roading fenders