Fully suspended, steel embedded rubber track undercarriage provides a smooth ride, better load retention and greater productivity. Spacious, sealed and pressurized cab, low ground pressure, highly durable components and excellent drawbar performance help you get more done and increase your bottom line.
|Engine Model||Cat® C3.8 (turbocharged)|
|Net Power||95 HP|
|Gross Power||98 HP|
|Gross Power - SAE J1995||98 HP|
|Net Power - SAE 1349||95 HP|
|Rated Operating Capacities - 50% Tipping Load||4250 lb|
|Rated Operating Capacities - 35% Tipping Load||2975 lb|
|Ground Contact Area||2463 in²|
|Ground Pressure||4.4 psi|
|Tipping Load||8500 lb|
|Breakout Force - Tilt Cylinder||7381 lb|
|Breakout Force - Lift Cylinder||6100 lb|
|Rated Operating Capacity with Optional Counterweight||4500 lb|
|Travel Speed Forward||5 mile/h|
|Travel Speed Reverse||5 mile/h|
|Travel Speed Reverse - 2-Speed||8.5 mile/h|
|Travel Speed Forward - 2-Speed||8.5 mile/h|
|Operating Weight||10898 lb|
|Service Refill Capacities|
|Cooling System||3.7 gal (US)|
|Engine Crankcase||2.6 gal (US)|
|Fuel Tank||30.8 gal (US)|
|Hydraulic System||16 gal (US)|
|Hydraulic Tank||10.3 gal (US)|
|Length - Track on Ground||69.6 in|
|Overall Length - Track||89.4 in|
|Length - With Bucket on Ground||151.6 in|
|Length - Without Bucket||123.5 in|
|Height - Top of Cab||82.8 in|
|Vehicle Width||78 in|
|Maximum Overall Height||159.4 in|
|Bucket Pin Height - Maximum Lift||126.6 in|
|Bucket Pin Height - Carry Position||7.7 in|
|Reach at Maximum Lift/Dump||31 in|
|Clearance at Maximum Lift and Dump||95.2 in|
|Ground Clearance||9.1 in|
|Maximum Dump Angle||52°|
|Turn Radius from Center - Rear||72.8 in|
|Turn Radius from Center - Coupler||60.4 in|
|Turn Radius from Center - Bucket||92.4 in|
|Maximum Reach - With Arms Parallel||50.7 in|
|Rack Back Angle - Maximum Height||83°|
|Bucket Pin Reach - Maximum Lift||16.1 in|
|Hydraulic Flow (1)||Standard|
|Loader Hydraulic Pressure||3335 psi|
|Loader Hydraulic Flow||23 gal/min|
|Hydraulic Power||44 HP|
|Hydraulic Flow (2)||High Flow XPS|
|Maximum Loader Hydraulic Pressure||4061 psi|
|Maximum Loader Hydraulic Flow||32 gal/min|
|Hydraulic Power - Calculated||76 HP|
|ROPS||SAE J1040 MAY94, ISO 3471:1994|
|FOPS||SAE J1043 SEPT87, ISO 3449:1992 Level I|
|FOPS Level II||SAE J231 JAN81, ISO 3449:1992 Level II|
Sealed and Pressurized Cab
Comfort and ease of operation have been designed into every aspect of the operator station. The wide, spacious interior and uncluttered floor provide a comfortable work environment with excellent head, shoulder and leg room to keep productivity high and fatigue low.Operators spend long hours in the machine. The new sealed and pressurized cab keeps dust out and clean air in for greater operator comfort. Reduced sound levels within the cab also help reduce fatigue.
Seat Mounted Joystick Controls
Ergonomic, seat mounted joystick controls enable a wide range of comfortable operating positions for operators of any size. The seat and controls are independently adjustable to meet the specific needs of the operator.
Air Ride Seat Available
An air ride seat provides an unparalleled level of comfort in a compact track loader.
Advanced Machine Information and Control System
The optional Advanced Machine Information and Control System (AMICS) provides easy to read analog gauges for hydraulic oil and engine coolant temperature. The electronic display provides additional operating information such as engine speed, job clock anddiagnostic service codes. Selectable Work Speed Control and Selectable Implement Control allow the operator to dial in his machine to maximize production.
Additional Features for Maximum Comfort
- Easy to read instrument panels
- Optional air conditioner and heater for greater comfort in extreme conditions
- Optional Selectable Pattern Control which allows the operator to select the control pattern they are most familiar with for greater productivity.
Steel Embedded Rubber Track Undercarriage
Low Ground Pressure
Caterpillar introduces the industry's first fully suspended undercarriage for a Compact Track Loader. The heavy-duty torsion axles suspend the CTL undercarriage and can move independently relative to the machine and each other. These axles absorb most of the shock to the undercarriage, machine and operator, especially over rough terrain. This means smooth travel, even at high speeds, as well as better load retention and greater productivity. The tread design ensures a smooth ride and a great combination of traction and flotation. The ground pressure on the 272D is 30.5 kPa (4.4 psi).
The CTL undercarriage system features highly durable and easily maintained components. Steel imbeds provide a rigid support for the entire width of the trackand provide excellent durability in a wide variety of applications. Continuously wound cables hold these imbeds in place and providetensile strength, ensuring the track does not stretch. Following the same philosophy asCaterpillar Track-Type Tractors, the elevated external positive drive system keeps drive components away from ground debris. Planetary final drive motors improve torque and drawbar performance, delivering more power to the ground. Steel rollerswith metal face seals provide maximum protection for wheel bearings resulting in long-term durability and reliability in even the toughest conditions. The simple recoil grease tensioning system allows quick track tension adjustment.
Vertical Lift Linkage
Vertical Lift Design
The 299D features the verticallift design which provides extended reach and lift height for quick and easy truck loading and material placement. The liftheight is 3217 mm (126.6 in) on the 299D.
The high performance power train provides high engine horsepower and torque. The machine features the Cat C3.8 engine--a rugged, reliable engine that meets worldwide emissions requirements.
Hand and Foot Throttles
Hand and foot throttles allow the operator to match engine speed to the task. The hand throttle is ideal for jobs requiring constant engine speed such as cold planing, trenching or snow blowing. The foot throttle lets the operator vary engine speed and minimize fuel consumption for other tasks such as load and carry, truck loading, grading and dozing.
Electronic Torque Management
The Electronic Torque Management system maximizes power to the ground and prevents the engine from stalling in tough digging and dozing applications for maximum productivity. The system allows part throttle operation which provides smoother machine operation and reduces fuel consumption.
Selectable Work Speed Control
The optional Selectable Work Speed Control lets you select the ground speed that is best suited for the application. This feature is useful in operations such as trenching and cold planing that require precise machine control at relatively slow and constant speeds.
Maximum power and reliability are built into the Cat Compact Track Loader hydraulic system. In addition to providing power to the tracks, this system also powers the loader lift and tilt functions, powers the auxiliary circuit to drive work tools and drives the engine cooling fan. The hydraulic system features increased lift and tilt breakout forces allowing you to move more material and get more done. The continuous demand fan provides improved fuel efficiency, increased horsepower, reduced sound levels and improved cold weather performance. Cat ToughGuard™ hoses increase reliability and durability. High capacity hydraulic tank and side-byside cooling package keep components cool for maximum durability.
High Flow XPS
High flow XPS hydraulic system is available for greater machine versatility. Maximum performance can be maintained regardless of the work tool speed or conditions with this load sensing, pressure compensating system. Caterpillar cooling systems are sized to allow the operator to continuously power high flow work tools in conditions that cause competitive machines to overheat.
Selectable Implement Control
The Selectable Implement Control option with three levels of control gives the operator the ability to adjust the responsiveness and speed of the lift and tilt functions for more precise implement control.
Standard Two Speed
Two speed, offered as standard equipment, increases top speed up to 13.6 km/h (8.5 mph) allowing you to finish jobs faster.
The Right Tool for the Job
Designed and built for optimum performance and durability, Cat Work Tools deliver high productivity in a variety of applications to maximize versatility:
- Blades (angle, dozer)
- Buckets (general purpose, high capacity, dirt, utility, light material, multi purpose, industrial grapple, utility grapple)
- Brooms (angle, pickup, utility)
- Cold Planers
- Forks (pallet, industrial grapple, utility grapple, utility)
- Hydraulic Hammers
- Landscape Tillers
- Landscape Rakes
- Material Handling Arm
- Power Box Rakes
- Snow Blowers
- Stump Grinders
- Vibratory Compactors
- Wheel Saws
Work tools can be changed quickly and easily with the Cat Compact Track Loader's quick coupler system. The standard quick coupler features manual engagement and disengagement of work tools using two high leverage handles. The optional hydraulic quick coupler allows the operator to quickly change tools without leaving the cab.
AccuGrade™ Grade Control System for Skid Steer, Multi Terrain and Compact Track Loaders
Common to AccuGrade systems for Track-Type Tractors and Motor Graders, this deeply integrated solution automates the machine's electrohydraulic controls to achieve a consistent grade across the work site, improve accuracy and increase productivity, ultimately lowering operating and material costs.
Convenient service features make maintenance easy, reducing your downtime:
- Rear door opens 90 degrees for easy access to both sides of the engine.
- Cab tilts rearward for easy access to all hydraulic pumps, motors, valves, lines and hydraulic tank.
- Daily maintenance points are easily accessible.
- Wires are color coded and numbered for easy identification.
- SOS oil sampling valves are standard to allow regular monitoring of the hydraulic oil quality.
Your Cat dealer is ready to assist you with your purchase decision and everything after. Make detailed comparisons of the machines you are considering before you buy – with estimates of component life, preventative maintenance and the true cost of production. Flexible financing packages are available to meet your needs. Repair option programs guarantee the cost of repairs up front. Your Cat dealer can evaluate the cost involved in repairing, rebuilding and replacing your machine so you can make the right choice.Nearly all parts available at the dealer parts counter to lower your machine downtime.Operator training can improve your operator's techniques and boost your profits.
- 12 volt Electrical System
- 100 ampere Alternator
- Automatic Glow Plug Activation
- Ignition Key Start/Stop Switch
- Lights: Gauge backlighting, two rear tail lights, two rear halogen working lights, two adjustable front halogen lights, dome light
- Backup Alarm
- Heavy Duty Battery, 1,000 CCA
- Operator Environment
- Gauges: Fuel level, hour meter
- Operator Warning System Indicators: Air Filter Restriction, Alternator Output, Armrest Raised/Operator Out of Seat, Engine Coolant Temperature, Engine Oil Pressure, Glow Plug Activation, Hydraulic Filter Restriction, Hydraulic Oil Temperature, Parking Brake Engaged
- Vinyl seat, mechanical suspension
- Fold-in Ergonomic Contoured Armrest
- Control Interlock System, when operator leaves seat or armrest raised: Hydraulic System Disables, Hydrostatic Transmission Disables, Parking Brake Engages
- ROPS Cab, Open, Tilt Up
- FOPS, Level I
- Top and Rear Windows
- Headliner, Deluxe
- Floor Mat
- Interior Rear View Mirror
- 12 volt Electric Socket
- Hand (Dial) and Foot Throttle, Electronic with Decel Feature
- Power Train
- Cat C3.8 Turbo, Tier 4 Interim (Stage IIIB) Certified Engine
- Air Cleaner, Dual Element, Radial Seal
- SOSSM Sampling Valve, Hydraulic Oil
- Filters, Cartridge-type, Hydraulic
- Filters, Cartridge-type, Fuel and Water Separator
- Radiator/Hydraulic Oil Cooler (side-by-side)
- Spring Applied, Hydraulically Released, Wet Multi Disc Parking Brake
- Hydrostatic Transmission, Two Speed Travel
- Suspension - Independent Torsion Axles (4)
- Suspension, Torsion Axles
- Engine Enclosure, Lockable
- Extended Life Antifreeze, -37° C (-34° F)
- Machine Tie Down Points (4)
- Support, Lift Arm
- Hydraulic Oil Level Sight Gauge
- Radiator Coolant Level Sight Gauge
- Radiator, Expansion Bottle
- Cat ToughGuard™ Hose
- Auxiliary, Hydraulics, Continuous Flow
- Heavy Duty, Flat Faced Quick Disconnects with Integrated Pressure Release
- Split D-Ring to Route Work Tool Hoses Along Side of Left Lift Arm
- Electrical Outlet, Beacon
- Belly Pan Cleanout
- Variable Speed Demand Fan
- Mandatory Equipment
- Hydraulics, Standard or High Flow XPS
- Quick Coupler, Mechanical or Hydraulic
- Seat Belt, 50 mm (2 in) or 75 mm (3 in)
- Comfort Package (must select one of the following):
- Open ROPS (C1): Radio Ready, Suspension Seat (no heater or door)
- Enclosed ROPS with Heat (C2): Cup Holder, Radio Ready, Seat (choice of Suspension or Air Ride), Heater and Defroster, Side Windows, Door (either Glass or Polycarbonate)
- Enclosed ROPS with A/C (C3): Features of C2 Package plus Air Conditioner
- Performance Package (must select one of the following):
- H1: Standard Flow
- H2: Standard Flow, Dual Direction Electronic Self Level (raise and lower), Electronic Snubbing (lift)
- H3: High Flow XPS, Dual Direction Electronic Self Level (raise and lower), Electronic Snubbing (lift)
- Steel Imbed Rubber Track - 400 mm (15.7 in) with Triple Flange Idlers (front and rear), Suspension - 4 Independent Torsion Axles
- Steel Imbed Rubber Track - 450 mm (17.7 in) with Dual Flange Front Idler and Single Flange Rear Idler, Suspension - 4 Independent Torsion Axles